Colored text

Rohan

Hello,
Can some one tell me how do I get colored text. Say when I want to
write something in a text file , how do I get it colored.

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?aWFuYXLp?=

Hello,
Can some one tell me how do I get colored text. Say when I want to
write something in a text file , how do I get it colored.

Plain text files don't have color. You could output in html ...

Rohan

Plain text files don't have color. You could output in html ...

Oh ok what about a csv file, I know its also a text file but I want
the color to be say blue in an excel sheet.

Michael Bentley

Can some one tell me how do I get colored text. Say when I want to
write something in a text file , how do I get it colored.

You can use ANSI escape codes -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
ANSI_escape_code:

colorCodes = [
"\033[0mAll attributes off\033[0m",
"\033[1mBold\033[0m",
"\033[4mUnderline\033[0m",
"\033[5mBlink\033[0m",
"\033[8mHide\033[0m",
"\033[30mBlack\033[0m",
"\033[31mRed\033[0m",
"\033[32mGreen\033[0m",
"\033[33mYellow\033[0m",
"\033[34mBlue\033[0m",
"\033[35mMagenta\033[0m",
"\033[36mCyan\033[0m",
"\033[37mWhite\033[0m",
"\033[40m\033[37mBlack Background\033[0m",
"\033[41mRed Background\033[0m",
"\033[42mGreen Background\033[0m",
"\033[43mYellow Background\033[0m",
"\033[44mBlue Background\033[0m",
"\033[45mMagenta Background\033[0m",
"\033[46mCyan Background\033[0m",
"\033[47mWhite Background\033[0m"
]

for i in colorCodes:
print i

hth,
Michael

Grant Edwards

Hello,
Can some one tell me how do I get colored text. Say when I want to
write something in a text file , how do I get it colored.

The PyRTF module supports colored text, and RTF is portable
(mostly).