Coloring Calendar !!!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Lorenzo, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. Lorenzo

    Lorenzo Guest

    Hello there,
    I am struggling with somenthing that might be a little too advanced (for
    me). Thanks for any help in advance.

    I have a database table that contains reservations for apartments, the table
    structure is as follow:

    IDReservation, IDApartment, dteArrival, dteDeparture etc.

    What I would like to do is having the asp net calandar control render those
    dates that are included in the table as taken coloring the differently.
    I understand that I should use the onDayRender event but I have no idea how
    to the code should go...!!!
    Right now I don't think to add any further functionality to my calendar I
    only need to display the color for example red for dates that are taken!

    I don't have much so far in mind...

    I can retrieve a dataset for my Reservation table and then have a subroutine
    looking into the rows to see what dates are taken but how to?

    Ciao Lorenzo

    Lorenzo, Nov 8, 2005