Coloring scrollbar. One works. One doesn't"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by AAaron123, Aug 22, 2008.

  1. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    hree questions. Number 3 is the tough one!

    {
    var htmlStyle = document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].style;
    var x = document.body.style;
    x.scrollbarShadowColor = htmlStyle.scrollbarShadowColor = "maroon"
    ....snip...
    The above script works but I have some questions:

    1) my document does not say so but it looks like javascript allows
    z=x=5 to set z and x to 5
    correct?

    2)Doesn't the body get the attributes, including style, of the html tag?
    Why is it necessary to set the body attributes?

    3) Most important question:
    The body contains a table containing
    <asp:TableCell ID=...
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="MainMasterLeftDataID" ...
    </asp:TableCell>

    The asp:Content is basically
    <iframe id="MissionScheduleID" frameborder="0" src="Schedule.htm"...

    The end result is that Schedule.htm shows with a scrollbar.
    But the scrollbar is not colored.
    I assume it's the iframe that creates the scrollbat. Correct?

    How can I get that scrollbar to be colored???
    AAaron123, Aug 22, 2008