colorized Test::Unit console testrunner

Martin Ankerl

Hi, I have modified the existing console testrunner of the Ruby's unit
tests that it provides a colorful output. I have only tested it in
Linux, but it should work in any Unix environment, probably in windows
+ cygwin too.

Here is slightly longer description, screenshots, and the patchfile to
download:

http://martinus.geekisp.com/rublog.cgi/Projects/rgb-console.html

Is there a chance that something like this can get into ruby's CVS?

martinus

Alexey Verkhovsky

Is there a chance that something like this can get into ruby's CVS?

There is a project of mine on RubyForge, that provides different
reporting options to Test::Unit. It even has a stub for colored text
formatter (consisting of "TODO: implement me" comments for the most part
:). Current version can output HTML and Ant-like XML.

Nathaniel Talbott expressed an intention to include this in Ruby distro,
and I indeed want a colored text formatter feature.

Would you be interested in merging your code into this project? If yes,
please have a look at http://rubyforge.org/projects/test-report.

Brgds,
Alex

Gavin Sinclair

There is a project of mine on RubyForge, that provides different
reporting options to Test::Unit. It even has a stub for colored text
formatter (consisting of "TODO: implement me" comments for the most part
:). Current version can output HTML and Ant-like XML.
Nathaniel Talbott expressed an intention to include this in Ruby distro,
and I indeed want a colored text formatter feature.
Would you be interested in merging your code into this project? If yes,
please have a look at http://rubyforge.org/projects/test-report.

Oooooh!! Goody goody gumdrops! Please merge, Martin! Please merge!

Ga ga^H^H^Hvin