ColorModel, tif and JAI problem

ownowl

Hello

I need to modify the color model of a PlanarImage (colors to grays scale
and other operations)

The original planarImage is built with a byte array that come from a
tiff file :

SeekableStream stream = new ByteArraySeekableStream(data);
RenderedImage im = JAI.create("stream", stream);
planarImage = PlanarImage.wrapRenderedImage(im);

planarImage is a instance of RenderedOp
the sampleModel of the planarImage is a PixelInterleavedSampleModel
the colorModel of the planarImage is a IndexColorModel

I tried it since several hours without success. So I not found in JAI
documentation all string_option of JAI.create(string_option, object) and
their signification.

thank for all idea
Olivier

ownowl

ownowl a écrit :
Hello

I need to modify the color model of a PlanarImage (colors to grays scale
and other operations)

The original planarImage is built with a byte array that come from a
tiff file :

SeekableStream stream = new ByteArraySeekableStream(data);
RenderedImage im = JAI.create("stream", stream);
planarImage = PlanarImage.wrapRenderedImage(im);

planarImage is a instance of RenderedOp
the sampleModel of the planarImage is a PixelInterleavedSampleModel
the colorModel of the planarImage is a IndexColorModel

I tried that :

ImageLayout layout = new ImageLayout();
ColorModel cm = new
ComponentColorModel(ColorSpace.getInstance(ColorSpace.CS_sRGB), new
int[] { 8, 8, 8 }, false, true, Transparency.OPAQUE, DataBuffer.TYPE_BYTE);

layout.setColorModel(cm);
RenderingHints hints = new
RenderingHints(JAI.KEY_IMAGE_LAYOUT, layout);

ParameterBlockJAI pb = new ParameterBlockJAI("format");
pb.addSource(planarImage);
planarImage = JAI.create("format", pb, hints);

with using ColorSpace.CS_GRAY parameter for the ColorSpace.getInstance()
methode I get a gray scale level image.

But I can not modify the intensity of colors or gray scale level.
A idea ?

Olivier