  1. JJK

    JJK Guest

    How can i set the colors in a 16 bit (DOS) program?

    JJK, Aug 20, 2003

  2. JJK

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [FAQ] Colors in C++?

    JJK <> wrote in message
    news:bi0eq8$ptg$1@news...
    > How can i set the colors in a 16 bit (DOS) program?

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    See section 15.

    And while you're at it, read the entire FAQ,
    you'll be glad you did. :)

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Aug 20, 2003

  3. JJK

    David Loo Guest

    There is no C++ library that supports colour for DOS/Console applications.

    Try looking in your Help files for C Library functions for Consoles.

    I hope that helps.

    David.

    David Loo, Aug 21, 2003
  4. JJK

    Attila Feher Guest

    David Loo wrote:
    > There is no C++ library that supports colour for DOS/Console
    > applications.

    [SNIP]

    There is (it is called TurboVision, it is from Borland, "portable" versions
    of it exist for Linux/Unix as well IIRC), but there is no Standard library
    for it.

    --
    Attila aka WW

    Attila Feher, Aug 21, 2003
  5. JJK

    Acacia Guest

    G++???

    "PT" <> wrote in message
    > > How can i set the colors in a 16 bit (DOS) program?

    > I think it depends on the compiler...
    >
    > I used Borland C++ (version 3.0) and I did the colouring, using conio.h
    > functions. Unfortunately I don't remember the function names any more (I
    > use g++ now), but I think they were textcolor and textbgcolor, or

    something

    Acacia, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Acacia wrote:

    > G++???

    Please don't top-post. If you have a C++ question, ask it. If you have a
    g++ question, go to a group that discusses that compiler. Read section 5
    of the FAQ for posting guidelines.

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    -Kevin

    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 25, 2003