coloured text...

sudip

Dear Programmers...
How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...
plz help
thanx

Michael Mair

sudip said:
Dear Programmers...
How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...

Well, as you seem to know, conio.h and cprintf() are not standard C
but platform (and maybe implementation) specific.
This is beyond the scope of this newsgroup.
Asking in a newsgroup for Unix/Linux programming newsgroup may help
you.

Cheers
Michael

REH

sudip said:
Dear Programmers...
How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...
plz help
thanx

Have you tried a crayon?

REH

Kenneth Brody

sudip said:
Dear Programmers...
How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...

The short answer, for comp.lang.c, is "you can't". (It requires non-
standard extensions and/or libraries.)

The longer answer is "ask a Linux/Unix newsgroup about terminfo and/or
curses".

And, in addition, I will say that no matter what I try, I can't get my
DT-100 terminal to display any colors other than green and black. ;-)

Dik T. Winter

> And, in addition, I will say that no matter what I try, I can't get my
> DT-100 terminal to display any colors other than green and black. ;-)

You are unlucky. I always liked the HP terminals with their light gray
on black. I thought the green was too green.