    do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...
    plz help
    thanx
    sudip, Jul 1, 2005

  2. sudip

    Michael Mair Guest

    sudip wrote:
    > Dear Programmers...
    > How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
    > do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...

    Well, as you seem to know, conio.h and cprintf() are not standard C
    but platform (and maybe implementation) specific.
    This is beyond the scope of this newsgroup.
    Asking in a newsgroup for Unix/Linux programming newsgroup may help
    you.

    Cheers
    Michael
    Michael Mair, Jul 1, 2005

  3. sudip

    REH Guest

    "sudip" <> wrote in message
    > Dear Programmers...
    > How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
    > do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...
    > plz help
    > thanx

    Have you tried a crayon?

    REH
    REH, Jul 1, 2005
  4. sudip wrote:

    > Dear Programmers...
    > How could I print text in color on GNU/Linux platform...in the way I
    > do on MS-DOS platform using <conio.h> and cprintf() function...

    The short answer, for comp.lang.c, is "you can't". (It requires non-
    standard extensions and/or libraries.)

    The longer answer is "ask a Linux/Unix newsgroup about terminfo and/or
    curses".

    And, in addition, I will say that no matter what I try, I can't get my
    DT-100 terminal to display any colors other than green and black. ;-)

    Don't e-mail me at: <mailto:>
    Kenneth Brody, Jul 6, 2005
  5. In article <> Kenneth Brody <> writes:
    > And, in addition, I will say that no matter what I try, I can't get my
    > DT-100 terminal to display any colors other than green and black. ;-)

    You are unlucky. I always liked the HP terminals with their light gray
    on black. I thought the green was too green.
    Dik T. Winter, Jul 7, 2005