Colours on the website

JustAnotherGuy

Luigi said:
I know that some ( many?) people do not like the colours on the website
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
Do you think that the colour scheme on the page

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/intforrent.html
is better or worse than the one on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html
?

Much worse.

Your original background color is kinda nice; how did you end up with
the orange/brown in the links? Did you just pick it or use some
mathematical and/or artistic harmony tool?

?

Plus you're mixing nouns and verbs... "interpreting" and "intermediation
" looks kinda lousy :) You may want to consider saying "indermediating"
or "interpretation"/"translation".

Luigi Donatello Asero

JustAnotherGuy said:
Much worse.

Your original background color is kinda nice; how did you end up with
the orange/brown in the links? Did you just pick it or use some
mathematical and/or artistic harmony tool?

Which is the original background?
The page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html
has been updated much later than the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html

I changed the colours a lot of times for several reasons including the fact
that it is very dark in winter in Sweden and very bright in summer.
I would say that I just picked the colours up but I tried to use HTML
colours

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

Luigi Donatello Asero

JustAnotherGuy said:
Plus you're mixing nouns and verbs... "interpreting" and "intermediation
" looks kinda lousy :) You may want to consider saying "indermediating"

You probably mean intermediating ( not"indermediating")
Well, may-be I should also check it up whether people search more often for
the verb or the noun.
It may happen that a noun is searched more on the search engines as to
regards a certain activity and a
verb is searched more concerning another.

?

Absolutely worse
BTW, I think I mentioned it before, but some of the links in the menu are
white before hovering: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/spa.jpg
If I download the page with "save as" in IE it does too. With "View source"
and save as it's OK (http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/scaiec.htm).
Maybe something to do with all the white lines and the word "<style>" in the
css?
Nico

Luigi Donatello Asero

Nico Schuyt said:
Most (all?) :)

Absolutely worse
BTW, I think I mentioned it before, but some of the links in the menu are
white before hovering: http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/spa.jpg
If I download the page with "save as" in IE it does too. With "View source"
and save as it's OK (http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/test/scaiec.htm).
Maybe something to do with all the white lines and the word "<style>" in the
css?
Nico

I simply chose "#ffffff as background color"

p{
margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-top: 2%;
text-indent:5%;
text-align: left;
margin-left:10%;
margin-right:10%;
}

TABLE { border-collapse: separate;
border: 1px solid red;

}

TD { border-collapse:separate; border: 1px solid white; }

td, li, h1, h2, h3, a {
color: black;
background: transparent;
text-align:center;
}
body {
background: #ffffcc;
color: black;
font-size: 100%;
margin: 0;}
#head{border:1px solid blue;}

#content{
margin-left:auto;
border:1px solid green;}
DIV.normal{margin-top: 5%;

}
#menu{color:#000000;
background:#ffffcc;
width:25ex;

border:1px solid white;
text-align:center;

float:left;

}
#menu a {
margin-left:auto;
margin-right: auto;
color: #0000ff;
background:#ffcc66;

border-left: 1px solid #F66460;
border-top: 1px solid #F66460;
border-right: 1px solid #000000;
border-bottom: 1px solid #000000;
width: 80%;

margin-top: 5px;

display: block;}
#menu a:active {color: #0000ff; background-color:#ffffff; }
#menu a:visited {color: #000000; background-color:#ffffff;}
#menu a:hover {
color: #666666;
background-color:#ffffff;
border-left: 1px solid #000000;
border-top: 1px solid #000000;
border-right: 1px solid #F66460;
border-bottom: 1px solid #F66460;}
div.top {margin-top: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;
text-align:center;
}
div.bottom {margin-bottom: 2%;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right:auto;}

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/elba.html

Nico Schuyt

Luigi said:
"Nico Schuyt"

Hey, look at the bottom of the 6.css. What word do you see?
Clean it up a little. Not that I think it's the reason of the problems, but
the css is easier to read:
Not:
#menu{color:#000000;
background:#ffffcc;