Colours with <span>?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004

    news:CMTYb.83285$...
    > How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the

    website?
    > By using <span>?
    >
    > http://www.italymap.dk
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

    For example on the page
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html
    there are several words which I wrote in different colours.
    Yet as far as I understand from what I have probably previously read in
    this NG, it is good to use colours consequently and try to convey a certain
    meaning by colours. Besides I am trying to change the design of that page,
    above all the menu.
    So, now I have the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html where
    I am trying to do that and I am wondering whether I should use <scan> to use
    for example a certain colour for all the provinces, another colour for the
    mountains and so on.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004

  3. "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i melding
    > How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the

    website?
    > By using <span>?

    That's a preferred method, yes.

    here</span>
    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_span.asp

    You can also use different ways to specify the color:

    color: green
    color: #008000
    color: rgb(0,128,0)

    If you get my drift.
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colors.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colorsfull.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    Kim André Akerø, Feb 19, 2004
  4. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Paul Furman Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the website?
    > By using <span>?
    >
    > http://www.italymap.dk
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

    But those are links so why use span when you've already got an <a> tag
    on it?

    Also from what I learned here it's best to do the second of the
    following examples:

    You can also read the name of all these towns *here*

    You can also *read the name of all these towns*

    Paul Furman, Feb 19, 2004
  5. "Paul Furman" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the

    website?
    > > By using <span>?
    > >
    > > http://www.italymap.dk
    > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

    > But those are links so why use span when you've already got an <a> tag
    > on it?
    >
    > Also from what I learned here it's best to do the second of the
    > following examples:
    >
    > You can also read the name of all these towns *here*
    >
    > You can also *read the name of all these towns*

    I meant on the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html ,
    sorry. Some towns are also shown as text.

    --
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/colosseo.html

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Feb 19, 2004