Colours with <span>?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the website?
By using <span>?

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

For example on the page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html
there are several words which I wrote in different colours.
Yet as far as I understand from what I have probably previously read in
this NG, it is good to use colours consequently and try to convey a certain
meaning by colours. Besides I am trying to change the design of that page,
above all the menu.
So, now I have the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/test.html where
I am trying to do that and I am wondering whether I should use <scan> to use
for example a certain colour for all the provinces, another colour for the
mountains and so on.

Kim André Akerø

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
How should I choose the colours of certain words in the text of the website?
By using <span>?

That's a preferred method, yes.

here</span>
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_span.asp

You can also use different ways to specify the color:

color: green
color: #008000
color: rgb(0,128,0)

If you get my drift.
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colors.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colorsfull.asp
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_colornames.asp

Paul Furman

Luigi Donatello Asero

Paul Furman said:
But those are links so why use span when you've already got an <a> tag
on it?

Also from what I learned here it's best to do the second of the
following examples:

You can also read the name of all these towns *here*

You can also *read the name of all these towns*

I meant on the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/sicilien.html ,
sorry. Some towns are also shown as text.

Joined
Feb 3, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
HEX RGB Color
You can also use different ways to specify the color:
#000000 rgb(0,0,0) Black
#808080 rgb(128,128,128) Gray
#FFFFFF rgb(255,255,255) White

Last edited by a moderator: