Colspan Not working as with long word cells stretch unnecessarily

stewart.fay

Dear All.

I have a simple table with 8 Columns.

For the first row I colspan all 10 Columns
For Subsequent rows I set a width of 25.

The Problem I have is that if there is a long word, say 'Mediteranean'
in the top row, then it stretches the 8th column wider than the the
others, EVEN though there is extra space with in the all the Merged
cells.

It would appear as though there is extra padding even though I have
set the padding to zero.

Please let me know if you would like to see some code.

Ben C

Dear All.

I have a simple table with 8 Columns.

For the first row I colspan all 10 Columns
For Subsequent rows I set a width of 25.

The Problem I have is that if there is a long word, say 'Mediteranean'
in the top row, then it stretches the 8th column wider than the the
others, EVEN though there is extra space with in the all the Merged
cells.

It would appear as though there is extra padding even though I have
set the padding to zero.

Please let me know if you would like to see some code.

Yes let's see the code. Post a URL to it ideally.

How to distribute content minwidths and maxwidths across spanned columns
is one of the trickier complexities of HTML table formatting.

Jonathan N. Little

Dear All.

I have a simple table with 8 Columns.

For the first row I colspan all 10 Columns

Hmm, lets see here, how can you span 10 columns when you say you table
has 8? How about a URL so we can see what you are really doing?