    set the padding to zero.

    Please let me know if you would like to see some code.

    , May 23, 2007

  2. Ben C Guest

    On 2007-05-23, <> wrote:
    > Dear All.
    >
    > I have a simple table with 8 Columns.
    >
    > For the first row I colspan all 10 Columns
    > For Subsequent rows I set a width of 25.
    >
    > The Problem I have is that if there is a long word, say 'Mediteranean'
    > in the top row, then it stretches the 8th column wider than the the
    > others, EVEN though there is extra space with in the all the Merged
    > cells.
    >
    > It would appear as though there is extra padding even though I have
    > set the padding to zero.
    >
    > Please let me know if you would like to see some code.

    Yes let's see the code. Post a URL to it ideally.

    How to distribute content minwidths and maxwidths across spanned columns
    is one of the trickier complexities of HTML table formatting.

    Ben C, May 23, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Dear All.
    >
    > I have a simple table with 8 Columns.
    >
    > For the first row I colspan all 10 Columns

    Hmm, lets see here, how can you span 10 columns when you say you table
    has 8? How about a URL so we can see what you are really doing?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO