Column going outside div bounds

david.hunter

Hi All -

I have a three div's.
div bodyblock : encapsulates the main body
div 1-col : a left hand column to hold content which is 241px wide
div cont : a main column *within* the bodyblock that is 495px wide.

I don't know why - but the 1-col div is going *outisde* the bodyblock.
Any uideas ?

I*Everything* shjould be contained with the red box - but the black box
is over running it :
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/four/why.php
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/four/includes/why.css

Help is MUCH appreciated!

david.hunter

oh crap - I never checked IE - it seems to be working in IE.

It must be a Netscape issue. :-(

Wÿrm

oh crap - I never checked IE - it seems to be working in IE.

It must be a Netscape issue. :-(

nope, issue is that you have float:left; on #l-col and it's removed from
normal flow... You need add clear:left; after cont div...

I suggest you read more about how floats work..

Schraalhans Keukenmeester

oh crap - I never checked IE - it seems to be working in IE.

It must be a Netscape issue. :-(
Which goes to show once more IE makes a mess of things. It's not a
Netscape issue, it's MicroSux's improper implementation of CSS guidelines.

I see someone has already provide you with the right answer. Goodluck.
Sh.

kchayka

I*Everything* shjould be contained with the red box - but the black box
is over running it :
http://www.checkeredshirt.com/four/why.php

The subject of floats and stretching the height of the containing block
comes up in ciwas at least a couple times a week. It's probably one of
the most asked questions in this group. You should have no trouble
finding the answer yourself.

I never fails to amaze me how so many people use google groups to post
to usenet, but don't think to use it for the only thing it's really good
for: searching usenet archives.
Help is MUCH appreciated!

FYI, this isn't a help desk. Learn to help yourself, first.

kchayka

oh crap - I never checked IE - it seems to be working in IE.

It must be a Netscape issue. :-(

You aren't still working under the assumption that there are only 2
browsers, are you? If so, you are way behind the times, like years.

dorayme

kchayka said:
I never fails to amaze me how so many people use google groups to post
to usenet, but don't think to use it for the only thing it's really good
for: searching usenet archives.

Indeed so...

Wings

kchayka said:
You aren't still working under the assumption that there are only 2
browsers, are you? If so, you are way behind the times, like years.
If we count only the signal strength higher than 3db, then there is but
one....