Column width query

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Carl Howarth, Nov 2, 2004.

  1. Carl Howarth

    Carl Howarth Guest

    Sorry this is a repost:

    Hi,

    I am wanting to display data in a datagrid with additional header rows above
    it that categorise some of the main headers of the datagrid. I am therefore
    creating a table above the datagrid using the same padding/spacing options.

    The problem I am having is that when I define the width of a TD in my table
    to be, say 300px, that should cover 3 columns of the datagrid, each at 100px
    wide they are always misaligned and I have to start taking a pixel off here
    and there within my header table. Also, the vertical space between the 2 is
    usually larger than the cellspacing, which is livable though it would be
    nice to know how to stop this!

    Surely if I am defining the width of anything in pixels, it should be
    displayed at the same width regardless of the object's type?!

    Any advice would be gratefully received.

    Thanks, Carl

    Carl Howarth, Nov 2, 2004