    credentials of the user set on the current thread.

    Regards
    Surya
    surya, Aug 30, 2005

  2. "surya" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a COM+ out of proc service that is configured to impersonate the
    > user
    > making the call to the COM+ service. Is there a way to create a
    > NetworkCredential object based on the current thread's security? Using
    > System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials always returns the
    > credentials
    > of the user configured to run the out of proc COM+ server and not the
    > credentials of the user set on the current thread.
    >
    > Regards
    > Surya

    Impersonate != delegate. So you need to select delegate a impersonation
    level, but:
    - the client has to specify during the initial authentication (using
    Kerberos) that it allows it's identity to be delegated (this is the default
    for AD accounts) , and
    - you need to run in a Kerberos realm,
    - and the server needs to be trusted for delegation i the AD (not set by
    default).

    Willy.
    PS. please, don't cross-post to half of microsoft NG's, you question relates
    to .NET Microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.component_services and possibly to
    Microsoft.public.platformsd.component_svcs only.
    Willy Denoyette [MVP], Aug 30, 2005