COM compatibility

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tmack, Jan 11, 2007.

  1. Tmack

    Tmack Guest

    I'm not a programmer!

    I work for a software company. We have a SDK that customers can use to
    customize the app. The requirement to use the SDK is:

    XYZ App has been designed in such a way that all the business objects
    used
    in the application are automatically exposed through a thin COM wrapper
    created
    automatically during the application build process. This means that
    using the
    XYZ App SDK is very efficient, and all the same underlying objects and
    properties that the application's programmers use to build the XYZ App
    user
    interface are also available to third-party programmers via the SDK.

    Does it sound like Python would allow me use the apps SDK?

    Thanks

    Tmack, Jan 11, 2007

  2. Tmack wrote:

    > I'm not a programmer!
    >
    > I work for a software company. We have a SDK that customers can use to
    > customize the app. The requirement to use the SDK is:
    >
    > XYZ App has been designed in such a way that all the business objects
    > used
    > in the application are automatically exposed through a thin COM wrapper
    > created
    > automatically during the application build process. This means that
    > using the
    > XYZ App SDK is very efficient, and all the same underlying objects and
    > properties that the application's programmers use to build the XYZ App
    > user
    > interface are also available to third-party programmers via the SDK.
    >
    > Does it sound like Python would allow me use the apps SDK?

    It sounds as if it is possible scripting it with python using Mark Hammond's
    win32, yes.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 11, 2007