    <identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\myUser" password="****"/>
    "myUser" is in admin group on localhos

    Still does not work

    Amyn, May 26, 2004

  2. Amyn

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Do you get any specific error message?

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    http://blogs.aspadvice.com/joteke

    "Amyn" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a web service running on localhost. In this web method I am

    instantiating a COM object as follows:

    > dim obj as New MyCOMObject 'The dll for the COM object is registered on

    localhost (using regsvr32) and is in C:\ root

    > When I test this web service from a VB script client (which prepares a

    SOAP request using MSXML XMLHTTP object), all works fine and I get a result
    (SOAP request returns successfully with the expected result value, an order
    number)
    > But when I call this web service in a web form client, it hangs. So, I

    debugged the web service, I step through it and see that the call hangs at
    above line where it tries to create an instance of COM object.
    > I thought its a security issue, I tried with impersonation in web.config

    as follows:

    Teemu Keiski, May 30, 2004

  3. Amyn

    Amyn Guest

    No, I see that debugger hangs at the line where COM object is instantiated

    Amyn, Jun 3, 2004