COM interop from ASP.NET

Stefan Barlow

I have an ecommerce system that hosts many sites on one server and I have
the main assembly in the GAC. Within the assembly I reference Verisign's
PayFlowPro interop. I have the interop in the GAC and the COM object is
registered. When the system runs and it tries to create the PayFlowPro
object, it cannot find the COM DLL. I have to put the DLL in the /bin
folder of each site in order for it to work. I do not want to have to do
this.

Why does it not find the COM DLL even though it is registered?

Thank you,
Stefan Barlow

Stefan Barlow

Strangely enough it wouldn't work the last time I tried, but now it does and
I didn't do anything between then and now. I removed the COM DLL from the
bin folder and restarted the ASPNET process and it still works. I guess it
is just one of those things. Hopefully it won't change it's mind later and
stop working again. ;)

Thanks,
Stefan Barlow