COM Interop - Http Binary Remoting

Christopher Pragash

Hello All,

I am in the process of migrating the business layer of a web application
into VB.NET and also implementing HTTP Binary Remoting between the Business
Object Server and the Web Server (IIS) from where ASP pages call the
business objects.

I have a very strange problem. The ASP and .NET Business Object layer
interact perfectly as expected if the Web Servers (IIS)'s 'Application
Protection' - property in the 'Home Directory' tab is set to 'LOW'. If this
property is set to 'MEDIUM', I get an error as follows:

Error Type:
mscorlib (0x80070002)
File or assembly name pstkszrq.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
found.
/testDotNet.asp, line 18

The Dll name (pstkszrq.dll in here) is different everytime the error pops
up...looks like an internal dll that IIS creates. The error occurs when the
ASP file tries to create the Object using late binding.

I have no idea whats going on in here...no clue whatsoever. If anyone has
any clues....it would be of great help.

Thanks,
Regards,
Chris