COM Interop - Http Binary Remoting

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Christopher Pragash, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. Hello All,

    I am in the process of migrating the business layer of a web application
    into VB.NET and also implementing HTTP Binary Remoting between the Business
    Object Server and the Web Server (IIS) from where ASP pages call the
    business objects.

    I have a very strange problem. The ASP and .NET Business Object layer
    interact perfectly as expected if the Web Servers (IIS)'s 'Application
    Protection' - property in the 'Home Directory' tab is set to 'LOW'. If this
    property is set to 'MEDIUM', I get an error as follows:

    Error Type:
    mscorlib (0x80070002)
    File or assembly name pstkszrq.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not
    found.
    /testDotNet.asp, line 18

    The Dll name (pstkszrq.dll in here) is different everytime the error pops
    up...looks like an internal dll that IIS creates. The error occurs when the
    ASP file tries to create the Object using late binding.

    I have no idea whats going on in here...no clue whatsoever. If anyone has
    any clues....it would be of great help.

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Chris