Com+ NT authentication for ActiveX control SQL Server fails

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by reddy, Sep 12, 2003.

  1. reddy

    reddy Guest

    Hello,
    I m having trouble connecting to SQL Server from a
    serviced component using Microsoft's ActiveX Merge control
    with NT authentication. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Here are some of the scenarios I tested.

    Scenario 1:In a Web Service: when I used Microsoft ActiveX
    Merge Control with NT Credentials , it failes to connect ,
    but with DB credentials it works fine.

    Scenario 2: In desktop application : when I use Microsoft
    ActiveX Merge Control with NT Credentials , DB credentials
    both work fine.

    Scenario 3: In Web Service: when I modified machine.config
    file in processmodel to include the username and password,
    then both NT and DB credentails work fine with ActiveX
    Merge Control.

    Whats happening is when I use the ActiveX control in a web
    service, its taking the credentials from machine.config
    file which I think are used by asp_wp.exe process. My
    problem is to force this ActiveX Merge control to use the
    NT Credentials. so for that reason, developed an
    dataaccess.dll , registered in component services with a
    user account. How do I force
    the Merge control which is being used inside this com+ dll
    to use com+ credentials? I debugged the code of com+, the
    code is running under the com+ user account, but
    for some reason the Merge control is not picking up that
    user credentials. Also one more thing, in the com+, I also
    used regular connection object with NT credentials, they
    work fine. any ideas on how to force the Activex Merge
    control to use user credentials from the com+?

    ..

    reddy, Sep 12, 2003