    And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

    Thanks in advance,
    Anand
    Anand K Rayudu, Apr 19, 2004

  2. Anand K Rayudu

    Larry Bates Guest

    Get a copy of
    Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

    This is the best starting point for you.

    Larry Bates
    Syscon, Inc.

    Larry Bates, Apr 19, 2004

  3. Hi Larry,

    Thanks for the suggestion, I have gone through the book, but
    unfortunately nothing much is discussed about this topic.
    Being new to MFC i am finding it difficult to get started.
    I want to just create a dialog box, with my own controls and get the
    python call backs for them.
    can some one please share some example source code or any experience
    regarding this.
    Any help will be a great start point for me.

    Regards,
    Anand

    Anand K Rayudu, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Anand K Rayudu

    David Fraser Guest

    What about http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/python/excerpts/chpt20/pythonwin.html
    (from that book)?
    Or have you tried wxPython (not COM but great)?

    David

    David Fraser, Apr 22, 2004
  5. Dear David,

    Thanks a lot for the link, Actually that is same from the book.
    I am trying to provide a "Rapid Application Development Environment"
    for the application I am developing through python.
    The reason I Want to stick on to pythonwin is , it comes as a default
    with python extension for windows.
    Also that my application is based on MFC, it looks like pythonwin is a
    natural fit for me.
    I can get same look & feel as the other dialog boxes.
    My developers have good experience on MFC.

    I will try out wxPython also & see.
    For me it looks like pythonwin is a preferred option.
    Thanks again,
    Anand

    Anand K Rayudu, Apr 22, 2004