COM & Python

Anand K Rayudu

Hi all,

I want to use python with COM extension. I am successful using python as
client.
I could interact to my application through COM interfaces from python.

I also want to use the win32ui layer, which wrapped all MFC user
interface functionality.
I am just wondering if some on can guide me with some documentation on
using them.
I want to know how the call backs are handled in particular.
Any sample code will be a great start for me.
If this is possible I can create any dialog boxes with any controls from
python itself!! :)
And take advantage of MFC's View , scroll view and so on. Just exciting!!

Thanks in advance,
Anand

Larry Bates

Get a copy of
Python Programming on Win32 By Mark Hammond, Andy Robinson

This is the best starting point for you.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

Anand K Rayudu

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the suggestion, I have gone through the book, but
unfortunately nothing much is discussed about this topic.
Being new to MFC i am finding it difficult to get started.
I want to just create a dialog box, with my own controls and get the
python call backs for them.
can some one please share some example source code or any experience
regarding this.
Any help will be a great start point for me.

Regards,
Anand

Anand K Rayudu

Dear David,

Thanks a lot for the link, Actually that is same from the book.
I am trying to provide a "Rapid Application Development Environment"
for the application I am developing through python.
The reason I Want to stick on to pythonwin is , it comes as a default
with python extension for windows.
Also that my application is based on MFC, it looks like pythonwin is a
natural fit for me.
I can get same look & feel as the other dialog boxes.
My developers have good experience on MFC.

I will try out wxPython also & see.
For me it looks like pythonwin is a preferred option.
Thanks again,
Anand