com+ unable to talk to Microsoft Distritbuted Coordinator

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Amy Lewis, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Amy Lewis

    Amy Lewis Guest

    I recently moved my Windows 2003 server from one domain
    into another. After the move I have noticed that some of
    my .asp pages won't load. I get a server 500 error.
    When I look in the event log I see

    cannot load application "....surveys" com+ unable to talk
    to the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator"

    I went into Services and realized that the Distributed
    Transaction Coordinator wasn't started. I tried to
    manually start this using the Network Service account.
    It didn't work. The service was able to start using the
    Admin account - however I am still getting errors if I go
    into Component Services - saying that this is the
    incorrect account to be using for DTC.

    Can I just reinstall DTC? I tried to change the service
    back to starting with Network Service user - but now it
    wants the password - how do I figure out what this
    password is?

    I found this error in Microsoft's database - but only
    deals with Windows 2000 - the instructions for
    reinstalling DTC aren't relevant to me
    Amy Lewis, Feb 18, 2004