Combining Datasets to a DataGrid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Julio Sarmiento, Jan 18, 2004.

  1. I have a table containing the following fields:
    rep numbers, year, month, qty, revenue, credit apps, new accounts.

    The data in this table reflects the rep's daily numbers. What I need to do
    is sum the columns and rank each column totals against all the records in
    the table. For example - assume that the figure below are the monthly
    totals for four reps.
    Rep Number Year Month Qty Revenue Credit Apps
    New Accounts
    100 2004 1 5 120,000.00
    15 7
    101 2004 1 15 90,000.00
    4 0
    102 2004 1 7 30,000.00
    22 3
    103 2004 1 4 60,000.00
    11 17

    Now I must rank the reps accordingly and display the following on a
    datagrid!!!:
    Rep Number Year Month QtyRank Qty RevenueRank
    Revenue CreditAppsRank Credit Apps NewAccounts Rank New
    Accounts
    100 2004 1 3 5 1
    120,000.00 4 5 2
    10
    101 2004 1 1 15 4
    30,000.00 2 14 3
    15
    102 2004 1 2 7 3
    60,000.00 1 22 4
    3
    103 2004 1 4 4 2
    90,000.00 3 11 1
    17

    "
    To get the rankings I ran four query that returned the rep number and the
    sum from each column by descending sum order (1 column per query - "select
    repnum, sum(qty) from table" - "select repnum, sum(revenue) from table"...)

    After retrieving all the records, I call a routine the goes through every
    record in each dataset.table(x) and added a column ranking to each table
    with the dataset.

    My problem and question come from this part. How do I display a datagrid
    where I combine the four dataset.tables() into one datagrid??? I thought of
    data relations, but as you can see, the four tables do not have a parent -
    child relationship. Can anyone see a way for me to do this??? If so,
    please give me a brief sample. I have spent a better part of the week
    researching this but have yet to find an easy solution!!! There may not be
    an easy solution, however, I thought of everything from a stored procedure
    to creating a data table in asp.net (VB) code. The stored procedure was a
    bit complicated and the data table was not very cost efficient when it came
    to speed.

    Help!!!!

    Thanks,
    Julio