combining menus problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Feb 26, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    richard, Feb 26, 2012

  2. richard

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <1736415kjjei8$.1o20si5miqq68$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/index2.html
    >
    > I would post into the javascript group but the spammers have taken over
    > that group.
    >
    > I am attempting to combine two scripts found at dynamicdrive.com
    > But something in the script is screwing up the intended layout.
    >
    > This is the way it's supposed to look
    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/drillmenu.html
    >
    > So what's causing the conflict?

    Look in your browser's web inspector or error console. Safari reports
    this:

    SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<' ...... /menu/index2.html:9

    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not
    Found) .... backbutton.jpg

    You should always do this as your first step. Fix your typo(s) and see
    what happens.

    --
    Tim

    Tim Streater, Feb 26, 2012

  3. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:1736415kjjei8$.1o20si5miqq68$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/index2.html
    >
    > I would post into the javascript group but the spammers have taken over
    > that group.
    >
    > I am attempting to combine two scripts found at dynamicdrive.com
    > But something in the script is screwing up the intended layout.
    >
    > This is the way it's supposed to look
    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/drillmenu.html
    >
    > So what's causing the conflict?

    http://validator.w3.org/ says...
    Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
    Result: 13 Errors, 2 warning(s)

    Firefox error console says...
    Error: unexpected end of XML source
    Source File: http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/index2.html#
    Line: 9, Column: 100
    Source Code:
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js">
    Doug Miller, Feb 26, 2012
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:56:56 -0500, richard wrote:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/index2.html
    >
    > I would post into the javascript group but the spammers have taken over
    > that group.
    >
    > I am attempting to combine two scripts found at dynamicdrive.com
    > But something in the script is screwing up the intended layout.
    >
    > This is the way it's supposed to look
    > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/drillmenu.html
    >
    > So what's causing the conflict?

    Problem solved and it validates!
    richard, Feb 27, 2012
  5. richard

    richard Guest

    dumb ass.
    don't be blaming me for a script written by someone else.
    if you had paid attention, you'd have found out the script came from
    dynamicdrive.com.
    richard, Feb 27, 2012
  6. richard the sto0pid wrote:

    > dumb ass.

    ISBN 0671723650

    > don't be blaming me for a script written by someone else. if you had
    > paid attention, you'd have found out the script came from
    > dynamicdrive.com.

    But you're the one using it so it is your fault!

    Why don't you write one of your own that has *no* errors? Oh wait ... you
    can't do that.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 27, 2012
  7. richard

    Tim Streater Guest

    In article <rkzwt29etzdq$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:56:56 -0500, richard wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/index2.html
    > >
    > > I would post into the javascript group but the spammers have taken over
    > > that group.
    > >
    > > I am attempting to combine two scripts found at dynamicdrive.com
    > > But something in the script is screwing up the intended layout.
    > >
    > > This is the way it's supposed to look
    > > http://www.1littleworld.net/menu/drillmenu.html
    > >
    > > So what's causing the conflict?

    > Problem solved and it validates!