Combining Two Data Sources for one Data List

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Winterminute, Dec 3, 2003.

  1. Winterminute

    Winterminute Guest

    I am binding the results of a database query to a DataList using the
    following code:

    SqlDataAdapter myCommand = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM
    _Hardware_Configurations", myConnection);
    DataSet myDs = new DataSet();
    myCommand.Fill(myDs, "_Hardware_Configurations");
    dtlConfigurations.DataSource =
    myDs.Tables["_Hardware_Configurations"].DefaultView;
    dtlConfigurations.DataBind();

    What I would like to do is for every record returned I want to use that
    information to query another datasource (WMI) and then intermix it into the
    DataList.

    For example, the SQL query is a list of server names. For each server name
    returned, I wanted to go off and query that server using WMI and retrieve
    the OS and display it inline with each record. I have the WMI stuff done; I
    just am not sure how to append the WMI data to the Data List or otherwise
    access that WMI data within the ItemTemplate of my code-front

    Does that make sense?

    Winterminute, Dec 3, 2003