Combo Box and text box

Mike

I have a combo box and a text box. Text to be display will be contigent
upon what is selected via the combo box. How do I do this?

I put the following code in the text box object:

var a = get thisField("combobox")

If (a==1)
{
event.value = "Test1"
}
if (a==2)
{
event.value = "Test2"
}

What I am doing wrong?

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Mike said:
I have a combo box and a text box.

Browsers don't have combo boxes. Is it a select element and an input
element? Or is it not a browser you are talking about?
Text to be display will be contigent upon what is selected via the
combo box. How do I do this?

Displayed how?
I put the following code in the text box object:

How do you put it into the text object? As an event handler?
As text?
var a = get thisField("combobox")

This is no language I know of. I assume you want to know what is
selected in the select element. That would *probably* be something
like the following (but I can't know for sure without seeing the
code):

var a = this.form.elements['combobox'].selectedIndex + 1;

(the "+ 1" is to match your tests, since the selection index starts
at zero.
If (a==1)

The keyword "id" is lower case and Javascript is case senesitive.
{
event.value = "Test1"

What is this event that you try to assign a property to? It *probably*
refers to the event object of the event that triggered the event handler
this code is in (but I am guessing here). Event objects don't have a value
property normally, so I guess you will be extracting the value later
for display.
What I am doing wrong?

Not giving us enough information :).

/L

Mike

I have two objects on my PDF Form (using Acrobat 4.0):

Combo Box named Contract
Text Box named Contract Name

After the user selects the Contract in the combo box, I want the Contract
Name to appear in the text box. For example: The user selects 22335 from
the combo box, Contract Name for 22335 will appear in the text box.

I put the below code in the Text Box object.

Does this clarify a little bit?