Combo/Dropdown box among other field

SF

Hi,

I am new to ASP.NET. I have started to create a new ASP.NET web. I can
succesfully insert a table into a form but my form does not look good
becuase some filed (from table) are foreigh key that link to other table to
lookup for information and it is displaying only number. I want to change
that fields into combo/dropdown field but do not khow how. In Access, in can
right click on specific field and change to combo/dropdown on the fly. How
do I change filed to dropdown control?

SF

Eliyahu Goldin

In web programming you should be ready to invest significant (or at least
some) efforts to achieve things easily available in other environments.

Likely, you are using a GridView control to display the table. You can have
a dropdown list in a field if you use a TemplateField with asp.net
DropDownList control in the ItemTemplate. You can find more info on it in
the msdn library.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant