    right click on specific field and change to combo/dropdown on the fly. How
    do I change filed to dropdown control?

    SF

    SF, Feb 25, 2007

  2. In web programming you should be ready to invest significant (or at least
    some) efforts to achieve things easily available in other environments.

    Likely, you are using a GridView control to display the table. You can have
    a dropdown list in a field if you use a TemplateField with asp.net
    DropDownList control in the ItemTemplate. You can find more info on it in
    the msdn library.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer & Consultant

    Eliyahu Goldin, Feb 25, 2007

  3. Well there is no such thing as web combobox control because HTML simply does
    not support it.

    So therefore you could fake it with some fancy server & client code. Here
    is a link for controls that do just that:
    http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/ComboBox.aspx
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/ComboBox.aspx

    And here's some more info:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Feb 26, 2007