COMBOBOX

kpg

OK. What is the deal with ComboBoxes?

How can the web community go so long without a ComboBox?

Am I missing something????

MS expects the developer to use a custom web control to implement
a combobox?

I have tried 3rd party combox boxes but each seems to have different
problems...this is unreal.

I give up...

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You don't have to make your own, you can reuse code that others have
written.
Here's a nice, free ComboBox for you:
http://www.metabuilders.com/tools/ComboBox.aspx
And if it has any quirks you don't like, fix them. The source code is also
free.

Don't blame the web community for the shortcomings of HTML. We just do the
best we can with the tools we've got!

kpg

Thanks...

Now, in typical fashion, when I build it I get:

Cryptographic failure while signing assembly
'D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ComboBox\obj\Debug\MetaBuilders.WebControls.ComboBox.dll'
-- 'The key container name 'MetaBuilders.com' does not exist'

I e-mailed them for help...<sigh>

kpg

Matt Berther

Hello kpg,

And that would make sense... Why would you be allowed to sign an assembly
with another company's key?

Remove the keyfile attribute from the AssemblyInfo.cs file and you should
be off and running.

kpg

Fascinating...

Matt Berther said:
# Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\291566.htm (1/14/2005 4:47:24 PM)
#