    Thank you!
    Jason

    , Sep 21, 2006

  2. VK Guest

    wrote:
    > I want to make a chat system using the Comet push-style technology.

    I like <http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/mozsdk/serverpush.php> -
    this one at least w/o "Comet! Comet!" advertisement crap.

    ....and bearing in mind that HTTP cannot have by its very nature any
    "server-push". So "Comet" is a set of different hacks to emulate
    "server-push"-like effects. They are all based on the prehistoric idea
    of server-side driven image animation (quickly died after GIF87a
    invention). The linked source proposes the most "hightechy-looking"
    hack.

    VK, Sep 21, 2006