Comet Ajax chat system for my website!

jason.m.ho

Hello,
I want to make a chat system using the Comet push-style technology. I
already wrote a poll-based one using Ajax, but I want to learn how to
do server-pushes. Does anyone know of a good website that can show me
how to do this? Or recommend a good library/framework to use?

Thank you!
Jason

VK

I want to make a chat system using the Comet push-style technology.

I like <http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/mozsdk/serverpush.php> -
this one at least w/o "Comet! Comet!" advertisement crap.

....and bearing in mind that HTTP cannot have by its very nature any
"server-push". So "Comet" is a set of different hacks to emulate
"server-push"-like effects. They are all based on the prehistoric idea
of server-side driven image animation (quickly died after GIF87a
invention). The linked source proposes the most "hightechy-looking"
hack.