Comile fails with make: Fatal error: Command failed for target ...

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by quitebizarre@gmail.com, Aug 30, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
    file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
    under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
    error message.

    I'm trying to use some code that compiles happily with Oracle 8i, but
    fails with 10g. The code is for an MQ - Oracle table interface.

    I've updated the obvious places in the makefile to use Oracle 10
    instead of 8, and I'm using the -m64 option on gcc to try to produce
    an executable that will run with Oracle 10, so now I'm stuck.

    Here's the makefile. Any suggestions on changes here? ORACLE_HOME is
    set correctly. In the meantime, I'll try without the -m64 option and
    point to lib32 instead of lib.

    #TODO: set up to point to your Roma installation
    MQMLIB=/opt/mqm/lib
    ORALIB=$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib

    #MQMINC=/opt/mqm/include
    MQMINC=/opt/mqm/inc
    MYINC=../include

    #TODO: standard build tools and flags ...
    CC=xlC_r
    LN=xlC_r
    RM=rm -f
    AR=ar

    C_INCS=-I$(MQMINC) -I$(MYINC)
    DEFS=-DTRACE -DOLD_IOSTREAM -DAIX -DDEBUG -DUMI -DNOCDATA

    #MQCFLAGS= $(C_INCS) $(DEFS) -qcpluscmt
    MQCFLAGS= $(C_INCS) $(DEFS)

    #object & library definitions
    O=o

    include /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0.1/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk
    ORACLE8DIR=$(I_SYM). $(I_SYM)$(PRECOMPHOME)public $(I_SYM)$
    (RDBMSHOME)public $(I_SYM)$(RDBMSHOME)demo \
    $(I_SYM)$(PLSQLHOME)public $(I_SYM)$(NETWORKHOME)public
    I_SYM=-I
    PROCFLAGS= sqlcheck=semantics userid=smart_7606/smart_7606 include=$
    (MYINC) include=$(MQMINC)

    all: smartmqadapter

    smartmqadapter: mq_smart smart_mq

    # main targets ...
    mq_smart: mq_smart.c
    /usr/local/bin/gcc -o -m64 ../bin/mq_smart mq_smart.c $(MQCFLAGS) $
    (ORACLE8DIR) -L$(MQMLIB) -L$(ORALIB) -lmqm -lclntsh
    $(RM) mq_smart.c

    smart_mq: smart_mq.c
    /usr/local/bin/gcc -o -m64 ../bin/smart_mq smart_mq.c $(MQCFLAGS) $
    (ORACLE8DIR) -L$(MQMLIB) -L$(ORALIB) -lmqm -lclntsh
    $(RM) smart_mq.c

    mq_smart.c: mq_smart.pc
    $(PROC) $(PROCFLAGS) iname=mq_smart.pc

    smart_mq.c: smart_mq.pc
    $(PROC) $(PROCFLAGS) iname=smart_mq.pc
    clean:
    -$(RM) *.o

    , Aug 30, 2007

  2. jacob navia Guest

    Re: Comile fails with make: Fatal error: Command failed for target...

    wrote:
    > Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
    > file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
    > under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
    > error message.

    [snip]

    You should call ORACLE help desk.

    We do not have any agreement with them to service their
    customers. We (may) answer to C related questions but
    your problem is an ORACLE problem.

    Since you bought that software legally, you are entitled to
    customer support.

    Isn't it?

    jacob navia, Aug 30, 2007

  3. writes:
    > Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
    > file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
    > under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
    > error message.

    [snip]

    You don't appear to have a question about the C programming language.

    If your problem is with a Makefile, comp.unix.programmer (or your
    documentation) is probably the best place to ask. If it's an Oracle
    problem, there are several comp.databases.oracle.* newsgroups.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 30, 2007