Comile fails with make: Fatal error: Command failed for target ...

quitebizarre

Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
error message.

I'm trying to use some code that compiles happily with Oracle 8i, but
fails with 10g. The code is for an MQ - Oracle table interface.

I've updated the obvious places in the makefile to use Oracle 10
instead of 8, and I'm using the -m64 option on gcc to try to produce
an executable that will run with Oracle 10, so now I'm stuck.

Here's the makefile. Any suggestions on changes here? ORACLE_HOME is
set correctly. In the meantime, I'll try without the -m64 option and
point to lib32 instead of lib.

#TODO: set up to point to your Roma installation
MQMLIB=/opt/mqm/lib
ORALIB=$(ORACLE_HOME)/lib

#MQMINC=/opt/mqm/include
MQMINC=/opt/mqm/inc
MYINC=../include

#TODO: standard build tools and flags ...
CC=xlC_r
LN=xlC_r
RM=rm -f
AR=ar

C_INCS=-I$(MQMINC) -I$(MYINC)
DEFS=-DTRACE -DOLD_IOSTREAM -DAIX -DDEBUG -DUMI -DNOCDATA

#MQCFLAGS= $(C_INCS) $(DEFS) -qcpluscmt
MQCFLAGS= $(C_INCS) $(DEFS)

#object & library definitions
O=o

include /u01/app/oracle/product/10.2.0.1/precomp/lib/env_precomp.mk
ORACLE8DIR=$(I_SYM). $(I_SYM)$(PRECOMPHOME)public $(I_SYM)$
(RDBMSHOME)public $(I_SYM)$(RDBMSHOME)demo \
$(I_SYM)$(PLSQLHOME)public $(I_SYM)$(NETWORKHOME)public
I_SYM=-I
PROCFLAGS= sqlcheck=semantics userid=smart_7606/smart_7606 include=$
(MYINC) include=$(MQMINC)

all: smartmqadapter

smartmqadapter: mq_smart smart_mq

# main targets ...
mq_smart: mq_smart.c
/usr/local/bin/gcc -o -m64 ../bin/mq_smart mq_smart.c $(MQCFLAGS) $
(ORACLE8DIR) -L$(MQMLIB) -L$(ORALIB) -lmqm -lclntsh
$(RM) mq_smart.c

smart_mq: smart_mq.c
/usr/local/bin/gcc -o -m64 ../bin/smart_mq smart_mq.c $(MQCFLAGS) $
(ORACLE8DIR) -L$(MQMLIB) -L$(ORALIB) -lmqm -lclntsh
$(RM) smart_mq.c

mq_smart.c: mq_smart.pc
$(PROC) $(PROCFLAGS) iname=mq_smart.pc

smart_mq.c: smart_mq.pc
$(PROC) $(PROCFLAGS) iname=smart_mq.pc
clean:
-$(RM) *.o

jacob navia

Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
error message.
[snip]

You should call ORACLE help desk.

We do not have any agreement with them to service their
customers. We (may) answer to C related questions but
your problem is an ORACLE problem.

Since you bought that software legally, you are entitled to
customer support.

Isn't it?

Keith Thompson

Having got past the 'PCC-F-NOERRFILE, unable to open error message
file, facility PR2' by given 'other' read access to all the files
under ${ORACLE_HOME}/precomp, I'm now stuck with this not very helpful
error message.
[snip]

You don't appear to have a question about the C programming language.

If your problem is with a Makefile, comp.unix.programmer (or your
documentation) is probably the best place to ask. If it's an Oracle
problem, there are several comp.databases.oracle.* newsgroups.