comile on winxp for Sun Solaris

is_vlb50

Hi!
I want to develop and compile the code on windows OS(winXP) .And after
this just to copy binaries to Sun Solaris.Is it possible and how to do
it?Which tools I can use?
Thanks

Ian Collins

Hi!
I want to develop and compile the code on windows OS(winXP) .And after
this just to copy binaries to Sun Solaris.Is it possible and how to do
it?Which tools I can use?
Thanks
No.

Why not develop on Solaris?

Dietmar Kuehl

I want to develop and compile the code on windows OS(winXP) .And after
this just to copy binaries to Sun Solaris.Is it possible and how to do
it?Which tools I can use?

You can use gcc and create a cross-compiler for Solaris. You might
need to get hold of some libraries, though, to successfully link
the binary. ... or at least the headers for creating a dynamically
linked program. However, the details of this are off-topic as this
has nothing to do with C++ per se but is an environment specific
question.

is_vlb50

The Solaris server located not in our office.I can connect to him throw
telnet.
How I can use Sun Studio in this environment?

Ian Collins

The Solaris server located not in our office.I can connect to him throw
telnet.
How I can use Sun Studio in this environment?
This has gone too far off topic, try a posting to comp.unix.solaris.

Jerry Coffin

@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, (e-mail address removed)
says...
The Solaris server located not in our office.I can connect to him throw
telnet.
How I can use Sun Studio in this environment?

Getting way off topic, but the question would be whether
you can connect any other way. Sun Studio is an X
program, so what you basically need are 1) and X server
running on your local machine, and 2) the security on the
machines set up to allow the X client and sever to talk
to each other.

is_vlb50

Jerry it is wonderful.
This is exatly that I looked before.Cand you suggest free X servers?
Thanks.

Frank Schmidt

there is one in the cygwin packages.

http://cygwin.com/

there is also a ssh client in it which allows a securer connection compared
to telnet and encrypted x11 forwarding.

Jerry Coffin

@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com>, (e-mail address removed)
says...
Jerry it is wonderful.
This is exatly that I looked before.Cand you suggest free X servers?

I can suggest Google...