Comm API

Kurt M Peters

I started writing a program with the Comm API in Windows hoping it would be
easily portable to Linux, but I noticed there were no downloads for Linux.
Does anyone know if there's Linux support out there somewhere or planned?
Thanks,
Kurt

JScoobyCed

Kurt said:
I started writing a program with the Comm API in Windows hoping it would be
easily portable to Linux, but I noticed there were no downloads for Linux.
Does anyone know if there's Linux support out there somewhere or planned?
Thanks,
Kurt

Hi,

I have used several time the RXTX port of the Comm API:
www.rxtx.org

I ran it successfully on MacOsX, Redhat Linux 7.3

Scotchy

I have also successfully used RXTX on Windows 2000, XP, Redhat 9, Mandrake
9, Mandrake 10. It takes a bit getting used to but if you have two computer
connected together with a null modem cable you can communicate easily enough
for testing.

Scotchy

Richard Wheeldon

I have used several time the RXTX port of the Comm API:
www.rxtx.org

I'm using this on Slackware 10 with Sun's 1.4 jdk. I had
problems getting it to work with the IBM one though. Anyone
here more joy ?

Richard

Jim

I started writing a program with the Comm API in Windows hoping it would be
easily portable to Linux, but I noticed there were no downloads for Linux.
Does anyone know if there's Linux support out there somewhere or planned?
Thanks,
Kurt

Or for a Commercial package you could try

http://www.serialio.com/

Haven't used it, but looks good.

Jim