    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Regards,
    Afshin

    Afshin, Jul 6, 2013

  2. Afshin

    Guest

    Are you saying that your program is not correctly parsing the arguments you pass to it? Or that you don't know how to pass arguments in Visual Studio?

    If the latter, it's not really a C++ language question, and you will receive better answers by posting to a Visual Studio forum.

    Have you tried running your program from the command line?

    , Jul 6, 2013

  3. Afshin

    Afshin Guest

    Re: Command line arguments in C++ Release configuration in VisualStudio 2008

    On Saturday, July 6, 2013 2:18:59 PM UTC+1, wrote:
    > Are you saying that your program is not correctly parsing the arguments you pass to it? Or that you don't know how to pass arguments in Visual Studio?
    >

    > If the latter, it's not really a C++ language question, and you will receive better answers by posting to a Visual Studio forum.
    >

    > Have you tried running your program from the command line?

    My problem is indeed twofold: don't know how to set arguments in Visual Studio and not been able to pass them on in command line which seems doesn't recognise the arguments in release mode. For the former, I will try Visual Studio forum but any clue as to the latter?

    Thanks,
    Afshin

    Afshin, Jul 7, 2013
  4. Afshin

    On Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Afshin wrote:

    > My problem is indeed twofold: don't know how to set arguments in Visual Studio and not been able to pass them on in command line which seems doesn'trecognise the arguments in release mode. For the former, I will try VisualStudio forum but any clue as to the latter?

    If your code is recognizing the command line arguments in debug mode, then you have coded it correctly. If not, then we will need to see some code tohelp you determine why.

    If your code is not recognizing the command line arguments when you run it from the command line, we will need to see the exact command you are issuing (cut and paste, do not retype) to help you determine why.

    The Microsoft Visual C++ forum has several threads that discuss how to set up the command line arguments. Google search can probably find discussionsthere and elsewhere.

    , Jul 7, 2013
  5. Afshin

    Geoff Guest

    You must duplicate your command line parameters in the IDE for both
    builds. Pay attention to the build configuration setting when entering
    the command line parameters in the Properties dialog for the project.

    Geoff, Jul 7, 2013
  6. Afshin

    On Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:57:08 PM UTC+1, wrote:
    > On Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Afshin wrote:
    >

    > > My problem is indeed twofold: don't know how to set arguments in VisualStudio and not been able to pass them on in command line which seems doesn't recognise the arguments in release mode. For the former, I will try Visual Studio forum but any clue as to the latter?

    > If your code is recognizing the command line arguments in debug mode, then you have coded it correctly. If not, then we will need to see some code to help you determine why.
    >

    > If your code is not recognizing the command line arguments when you run it from the command line, we will need to see the exact command you are issuing (cut and paste, do not retype) to help you determine why.
    >

    > The Microsoft Visual C++ forum has several threads that discuss how to set up the command line arguments. Google search can probably find discussions there and elsewhere.

    Thanks!

    Afshin, Jul 13, 2013
  7. Afshin

    Afshin Guest

    Re: Command line arguments in C++ Release configuration in VisualStudio 2008

    On Sunday, July 7, 2013 2:57:08 PM UTC+1, wrote:
    > On Sunday, July 7, 2013 9:26:21 AM UTC-4, Afshin wrote:
    >

    > > My problem is indeed twofold: don't know how to set arguments in VisualStudio and not been able to pass them on in command line which seems doesn't recognise the arguments in release mode. For the former, I will try Visual Studio forum but any clue as to the latter?

    > If your code is recognizing the command line arguments in debug mode, then you have coded it correctly. If not, then we will need to see some code to help you determine why.
    >

    > If your code is not recognizing the command line arguments when you run it from the command line, we will need to see the exact command you are issuing (cut and paste, do not retype) to help you determine why.
    >

    > The Microsoft Visual C++ forum has several threads that discuss how to set up the command line arguments. Google search can probably find discussions there and elsewhere.

    Thank you Geoff!

    Afshin, Jul 13, 2013
  8. Afshin

    Afshin, Jul 13, 2013