Command line parsing module

GGarramuno

Thanks for the answers to my previous questions.
Now, some more newbie questions...

Is there...

1) any module to simplify command-line parsing?
Ideally, something like Perl's Getopt::Declare.

3) any module to deal with either quicktime, mpeg or avi files (mainly play them)?

4) any 3D classes ( Vector, Matrix, etc)?

5) any module for secure shell, like Perl's Net::SSH?

Gavin Sinclair

Thanks for the answers to my previous questions.
Now, some more newbie questions...
Is there...
1) any module to simplify command-line parsing?
Ideally, something like Perl's Getopt::Declare.

OptionParser (require 'optparse' in the standard library) does a great
job, and is similar, I think, to Python's Optik.

GetoptLong ('getoptlong') is likely to be sorta like the Perl one.
3) any module to deal with either quicktime, mpeg or avi files (mainly play them)?

Don't know. Try searching raa.ruby-lang.org.
4) any 3D classes ( Vector, Matrix, etc)?

Both of these are in the standard library ('matrix'). See
ruby-doc.org/stdlib for info on Matrix.
5) any module for secure shell, like Perl's Net::SSH?

Probably :)

Take a look at online, or paperback, Pickaxe: ruby-doc.org/downloads
("Document Bundle") for pre-emptive answers to many more questions.

Cheers,
Gavin