command line to delete ie browsing history

John Grandy

Does how to delete all of IE's browing history from the command line ?

Same as Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete > Delete all...
> check "Also delete files and settings stored by add-ons"

What I'd like is a .bat file.

Michael Nemtsev

Hello John Grandy" johnagrandy-at-gmail-dot-com,

AFAIK, u can't clear browser history. It's out of the web permition scope

Why do u need to clear it? maybe using
Response.Cache.SetNoStore();
Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache);
helps u?

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

J> Does how to delete all of IE's browing history from the command line
J> ?
J>
J> Same as Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete > Delete
J> all...
J> J> What I'd like is a .bat file.

John Grandy

It's an 'annoyance factor" thing. I don't like using the mouse to
repetitively clear the history while I'm debugging. I'd like to just
dblclick a taskbar icon instead.

Juan T. Llibre

Write your own batch file:

rmdir drive:\WhateverThePathToYourBrowserHistoryFilesIs /y

Michael Nemtsev

Hello John Grandy" johnagrandy-at-gmail-dot-com,

J> It's an 'annoyance factor" thing. I don't like using the mouse to
J> repetitively clear the history while I'm debugging. I'd like to just
J> dblclick a taskbar icon instead.

Then use IE Dev tool bar which has a menu to clear cache

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c) Michelangel