Command parsing... best module to use?

Collin D

Hey everyone.

I am writing a game in python, and it includes a text console somewhat
like the one in WoW and Runescape. I want to be able to include "/"
commands, like IRC, and was wondering what the best module would be to
parse these.

Thanks a lot,
Collin D

TerryP

Hey everyone.

I am writing a game in python, and it includes a text console somewhat
like the one in WoW and Runescape. I want to be able to include "/"
commands, like IRC, and was wondering what the best module would be to
parse these.

Thanks a lot,
Collin D

I'm not aware of any module designed for parsing arbitrary text in
that way, although it may be possible to subvert something to the
task. If you are following the usual IRC client behavioural pattern,
then just suck up the line - then see if the first non-whitespace
character is a '/', then react accordingly. Simple.