CommAPI with JDK 1.5 and XP SP2

LG

I am having serious problems getting the Java CommAPI to work on
WindowsXP SP2 and JDK1.5. All components are in the right spot and
comm.jar is being found, but I still get 'No serial ports found!'

Is anybody aware of any issues with this configuration. I have used it
with JDK 1.4 and XP before.

Are there any alternatives to the CommAPI for Serial Port access ?

Thanks in advance,

Leo

Kimmo Tuukkanen

LG said:
Is anybody aware of any issues with this configuration. I have used it
with JDK 1.4 and XP before.

It should work if you copy the files like this:

win32com.dll <JRE_HOME>\bin\
javax.comm.properties <JRE_HOME>\lib\
comm.jar <JRE_HOME>\lib\ext\
comm.jar <JDK_HOME>\jre\lib\ext\

Alternatively, you can skip the last two lines if you put the jar-file
in your CLASSPATH, which in my opinion is not the right way to do it.

LG

Kimmo said:
It should work if you copy the files like this:

win32com.dll <JRE_HOME>\bin\
javax.comm.properties <JRE_HOME>\lib\
comm.jar <JRE_HOME>\lib\ext\
comm.jar <JDK_HOME>\jre\lib\ext\

Alternatively, you can skip the last two lines if you put the jar-file
in your CLASSPATH, which in my opinion is not the right way to do it.

Thank you Kimmo !!!

javax.comm.properties <JRE_HOME>\lib\

Was the problem.

Cheers from down under,