commented out form tag causing error

Rod Snyder

This isn't a big deal but I'm just curious if someone can explain this. I
have an asp.net page in which I was trying out some different options and
through copying and pasting I had an extra </form> tag, although it was
commented out <!-- </form> --> in the html view.

However, when running the page errors as if the comments are being ignored.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening.

Rod

Guest

the <!-- //--> tag says to the client browser to ignore it, not the server
compliler.

Rod Snyder

Thanks. That does make sense. I'm still trying to get used to how html is
handled in .net. When I saw the form tag, it appeared to me to be just html,
but it does make sense that the compiler would look for an html form tag to
delimit the asp.net code.

Rod