    don't want to delete it either b/c I may use it later.

    Thanks,
    T.
    Trans, Dec 10, 2007

  2. Trans

    Tim Pease Guest

    On Dec 10, 2007 9:46 AM, Trans <> wrote:
    > Is there syntax for multi-line comments in Redcloth/Textile documents?

    To the best of my knowledge, no. I've looked around in the past, but
    could not find any information about inline comments.

    > I have some text that I don't want in the document's end result but I
    > don't want to delete it either b/c I may use it later.

    wonky, but you could try....

    <notextile>
    <!-- put your comments here -->
    </notextile>

    Blessings,
    TwP
    Tim Pease, Dec 10, 2007

  3. Tim Pease wrote:
    > On Dec 10, 2007 9:46 AM, Trans <> wrote:
    >
    >> Is there syntax for multi-line comments in Redcloth/Textile documents?
    >>

    > To the best of my knowledge, no. I've looked around in the past, but
    > could not find any information about inline comments.
    >

    >> I have some text that I don't want in the document's end result but I
    >> don't want to delete it either b/c I may use it later.
    >>

    > wonky, but you could try....
    >
    > <notextile>
    > <!-- put your comments here -->
    > </notextile>
    >

    > Blessings,
    > TwP

    Since you can simply use HTML in RedCloth, you should be able to do

    <!-- comments
    more comments
    lots of comments
    -->

    (works for me, using SuperRedCloth)

    -Justin
    Justin Collins, Dec 11, 2007
  4. Trans

    Trans Guest

    On Dec 10, 1:23 pm, "Tim Pease" <> wrote:
    > On Dec 10, 2007 9:46 AM, Trans <> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there syntax for multi-line comments in Redcloth/Textile documents?

    > To the best of my knowledge, no. I've looked around in the past, but
    > could not find any information about inline comments.
    >
    > > I have some text that I don't want in the document's end result but I
    > > don't want to delete it either b/c I may use it later.

    > wonky, but you could try....
    >
    > <notextile>
    > <!-- put your comments here -->
    > </notextile>

    Thank You! That did the trick.

    T.
    Trans, Dec 11, 2007
  5. Trans

    Trans Guest

    On Dec 10, 10:40 pm, Justin Collins <> wrote:
    > Tim Pease wrote:
    > > On Dec 10, 2007 9:46 AM, Trans <> wrote:

    > >> Is there syntax for multi-line comments in Redcloth/Textile documents?

    > > To the best of my knowledge, no. I've looked around in the past, but
    > > could not find any information about inline comments.

    > >> I have some text that I don't want in the document's end result but I
    > >> don't want to delete it either b/c I may use it later.

    > > wonky, but you could try....

    > > <notextile>
    > > <!-- put your comments here -->
    > > </notextile>

    > > Blessings,
    > > TwP

    > Since you can simply use HTML in RedCloth, you should be able to do
    >
    > <!-- comments
    > more comments
    > lots of comments
    > -->
    >
    > (works for me, using SuperRedCloth)

    Guess that's why they call it "Super" ;)

    T.
    Trans, Dec 11, 2007