[Commercial] Advance C and Linux System Programming: Hands-OnTraining

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Concepts Systems, May 11, 2008.

  1. Hello All,

    Advance C and Linux System Programming are an intensive hands-on
    course designed by Concepts Systems to provide a detailed examination
    of each topic.
    These modules enable professionals and students to rapidly identify
    issues critical to their project, and provide them in-depth knowledge
    to add Linux support to their product lines in an aggressive time
    frame.

    Course Highlights:

    Advance C:

    - Struct ,enums,typedefs, #define
    - Arrays & Pointer Arithmetic
    - Function Pointers etc
    - Dynamic linking
    - Segments & Executables
    - calling conventions
    - Segmentation Faults

    Detail syllabus is available at

    http://www.conceptssys.com/SyllabusPdf/Adv C.pdf

    Linux System Programming:

    -Operating Systems Basics
    -System Calls for I/O
    -Multithreading and Synchronization
    -Interprocess communication
    -Memory Management
    -Memory mapped files
    -UNIX/ POSIX files and File Systems
    -Pipes

    Detail syllabus is available at

    http://www.conceptssys.com/SyllabusPdf/LinuxSysPro.pdf

    Starting Date : May 24, 2008.
    Duration : 1.5 months for each module.
    Days & Timings: Saturday and Sunday, 3 Hours Per day.

    Venue:
    Concepts Systems,
    602-603, The Pentagon, Shahu College Road,
    Next to Pune-Satara Road,
    Near Panchami Hotel, Parvati. Pune - 411009.

    Registration: We encourage you to register at the earliest since there
    are limited seats.

    If you have any queries feel free to call us on 020-24216888 /
    9960638738 Or mail us at .

    About Us:
    Concepts Systems is Pune based Training Consultancy having expertise
    in core systems. Concepts already has many leading software companies
    like EMC, HP, Nvidia,Oracle India, KPIT Cummins etc. as its clients.
    Systems Technology Experts having Industry exposure forms backbone of
    Concepts Training Division.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Concepts Systems Team

    Concepts Systems, May 11, 2008

  2. Concepts Systems

    Bart Guest

    Re: Advance C and Linux System Programming: Hands-On Training

    On May 11, 9:49 am, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    > Concepts Systems said:
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > > Detail syllabus is available at

    > >http://www.conceptssys.com/SyllabusPdf/AdvC.pdf

    > Not a particularly detailed syllabus, actually - but instructive insofar as
    > it demonstrates that the author of that syllabus doesn't appear to
    > understand casting. This is betrayed by his calling it "type casting". In
    > C, we don't cast types. We cast expressions. It is, in fact, impossible to
    > cast a type.

    T x;
    U y;

    y=(U)x;

    What changes about x in this expression? The expression doesn't; it's
    still x. The value /might/, eg. if T and U were numeric types. Mainly
    it's the type from T to U;

    So Type Casting is a better description than Expression Casting or
    Value Casting.

    Maybe the author was trying to be clear rather than pedantically
    precise (and Type Casting is ambiguous in English anyway).

    --
    Bartc

    Bart, May 11, 2008

  3. Re: Advance C and Linux System Programming: Hands-On Training

    On 11 May, 09:49, Richard Heathfield <> wrote:
    > Concepts Systems said:
    >
    > <snip>
    >

    > > Detail syllabus is available at

    > >http://www.conceptsys.com/SyllabusPdf/AdvC.pdf

    > Not a particularly detailed syllabus, actually - but instructive...

    You have just exhibited to the world that spamming this
    group does work since you bother to read the spam.

    Spiros Bousbouras, May 11, 2008
  4. Concepts Systems

    santosh Guest

    Re: Advance C and Linux System Programming: Hands-On Training

    Bart wrote:

    You snipped attributions.

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >> In C, we don't cast types. We cast expressions. It
    >> is, in fact, impossible to cast a type.

    > T x;
    > U y;
    >
    > y=(U)x;
    >
    > What changes about x in this expression? The expression doesn't; it's
    > still x. The value /might/, eg. if T and U were numeric types. Mainly
    > it's the type from T to U;

    From section 6.5.4 of n1256:

    Syntax

    1 cast-expression:
    unary-expression
    ( type-name ) cast-expression

    Constraints

    2 Unless the type name specifies a void type, the type name shall
    specify qualified or unqualified scalar type and the operand shall have
    scalar type.

    3 Conversions that involve pointers, other than where permitted by the
    constraints of 6.5.16.1, shall be specified by means of an explicit
    cast.

    Semantics

    4 Preceding an expression by a parenthesized type name converts the
    value of the expression to the named type. This construction is called a
    cast.89) A cast that specifies no conversion has no effect on the type
    or value of an expression.

    5 If the value of the expression is represented with greater precision
    or range than required by the type named by the cast (6.3.1.8), then the
    cast specifies a conversion even if the type of the expression is the
    same as the named type.

    santosh, May 11, 2008
  5. Concepts Systems

    On May 11, 4:50 pm, santosh <> wrote:
    > Bart wrote:
    >
    > You snipped attributions.
    >
    > > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > >> In C, we don't cast types. We cast expressions. It
    > >> is, in fact, impossible to cast a type.

    > > T x;
    > > U y;

    > > y=(U)x;

    > > What changes about x in this expression? The expression doesn't; it's
    > > still x. The value /might/, eg. if T and U were numeric types. Mainly
    > > it's the type from T to U;

    > From section 6.5.4 of n1256:

    > 4 Preceding an expression by a parenthesized type name converts the
    > value of the expression to the named type. This construction is called a
    > cast.89) A cast that specifies no conversion has no effect on the type
    > or value of an expression.

    I mentioned expressions, values and types, and that the latter two can
    change.

    This mentions that values can change; also 'has no effect on type or
    value' suggests that a cast that specifies a conversion can affect
    both value and type.

    Richard Heathfield mentioned casting 'expressions'.

    A lot of the stuff in this syllabus isn't even part of the standard.

    My point is that Type Casting seems perfectly acceptable (especially
    as the English doesn't appear to be of the best).

    --
    Bartc

    Bart, May 11, 2008
  6. Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > ... the author of that syllabus doesn't appear to understand casting.
    > This is betrayed by his calling it "type casting". In C, we don't cast
    > types. We cast expressions. It is, in fact, impossible to cast a type.

    Well that explains the UK's reluctance to apply metric conversions to
    miles per gallon. Okay US, what's your excuse?

    --
    Peter

    Peter Nilsson, May 11, 2008