    have been posted that I can find. This may make a great addition to the
    Python web site (hint).

    Dave,
    Dave Boland, Jul 26, 2004

  2. Dave Boland

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Dave Boland wrote:

    > Is there a list of commercial applications that were done in Python?
    > I've searched, but not found any list. I do see where there was a
    > Python conference that seemed to want get a list of such, but no results
    > have been posted that I can find. This may make a great addition to the
    > Python web site (hint).

    I guess people have been less interested in the applications themselves
    and more interested in the organizations and people behind them,
    resulting in lists like this: http://www.python.org/community/users.html
    rather than simply lists of the apps.

    As for adding it to the web site, it takes someone motivated enough
    to prepare such a list before it can be added (hint) (and wink).

    -Peter
    Peter Hansen, Jul 26, 2004

  3. Dave Boland <> wrote:
    > Is there a list of commercial applications that were done in Python?
    > I've searched, but not found any list. I do see where there was a
    > Python conference that seemed to want get a list of such, but no results
    > have been posted that I can find. This may make a great addition to the
    > Python web site (hint).

    My experience with selling large-scale applications incorporating
    another scripting language is that companies usually want to
    emphasize the features, etc, and not implementation issues
    such as the language. Most people don't care, and you can
    hit a roadblock if somebody in the potential sales site
    is an enthusiast for another technology.

    FWIW,
    Mark
    Mark Harrison, Jul 27, 2004