Communicating from java script to java

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Evrim, Apr 18, 2007.

  1. Evrim

    Evrim Guest

    Dear All

    I am using JDK 6 , Tomcat 6 and Jena 2.5.2.

    I would like to use javascript on my jsp page to pass the values of text
    boxes to a java function I have. This java function uses the Jena library to
    extract some info from OWL file based on parameters passed to it . I'd
    extremely apprecite you help :

    Assuming my jsp page is in folder [Tomcat] \webapps\mytest and Jena
    libraries are in [Tomcat] \webapps\mytest\WEB-INF

    1. Where (which folder) should I store my java class (java function) ?

    2. How can I use javascript to call the Java function and pass values to it
    (to invoke it so that it can proceed with what it is supposed to).

    I am deeply grateful for your help

    Evrim

    Evrim, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Evrim

    [on] Guest

    On Apr 18, 7:22 pm, "Evrim" <> wrote:
    > Dear All
    >
    > I am using JDK 6 , Tomcat 6 and Jena 2.5.2.
    >
    > I would like to use javascript on my jsp page to pass the values of text
    > boxes to a java function I have. This java function uses the Jena library to
    > extract some info from OWL file based on parameters passed to it . I'd
    > extremely apprecite you help :
    >
    > Assuming my jsp page is in folder [Tomcat] \webapps\mytest and Jena
    > libraries are in [Tomcat] \webapps\mytest\WEB-INF
    >
    > 1. Where (which folder) should I store my java class (java function) ?

    Depends on the Webserver, never used Tomcat myself. Maybe check their
    forum ?

    > 2. How can I use javascript to call the Java function and pass values to it
    > (to invoke it so that it can proceed with what it is supposed to).

    Just pass "get" parameters to the "page", http://whateverdomain/servlet/ReadOWL?username=Kang
    Then read the "username" parameter from your Request object.

    > I am deeply grateful for your help
    >
    > Evrim

    Your questions really doesn't have much to do with JavaScript, other
    then maybe dynamicly create the URL used to pass whatever information
    you have to the Servlet.

    This might not have been what you wanted, guess I could have found
    some links to Tomcat or retell whatever information I found in this
    post.
    But I'd suggest you ask on a Tomcat related Forum/UsenetGroup.

    // [on]

    [on], Apr 19, 2007