    .... A scientist builds in order to learn; an engineer learns in order to
    build.
    -- FRED BROOKS
    Max Ischenko, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Max Ischenko

    Harry George Guest

    Max Ischenko <> writes:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
    > The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
    > more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.
    >
    > Could you suggest something?
    >
    > Using Jython to be able to use pyro is not technically feasible.
    >
    > ... A scientist builds in order to learn; an engineer learns in order
    > to build.
    > -- FRED BROOKS

    There was a thread to this topic a few weeks ago and XML-RPC came up
    as the best bet, even for on-the-same-box communication.

    I'd really like to try JPE:
    http://jpe.sourceforge.net/
    When I tried to run it, I couldn't get the pieces to compile (it's
    been a while so I don't remember details).

    --

    6-6M31 Knowledge Management
    Phone: (425) 342-5601
    Harry George, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Max Ischenko

    Lee Harr Guest

    > I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
    > The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
    > more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.
    >
    > Could you suggest something?
    >
    > Using Jython to be able to use pyro is not technically feasible.

    I know some work has been done porting twisted's perspective broker
    (PB) to java. That could be an interesting way to go.
    Lee Harr, Feb 10, 2004
  4. Max Ischenko

    Max Ischenko Guest

    Harry George wrote:
    >>I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
    >>The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
    >>more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.

    > There was a thread to this topic a few weeks ago and XML-RPC came up
    > as the best bet, even for on-the-same-box communication.

    OK, thanks.
    Max Ischenko, Feb 11, 2004
  5. In article <c0a1tu$vue$>,
    Max Ischenko <> wrote:

    >I want to communicate my Python application with the Java one.
    >The most obvious choice is XML-RPC, but ... I wonder about something
    >more pythonic and powerful, like pyro.

    Depending on how complex your problem is, CORBA may be a sensible
    choice. If your communication needs map easily to XML-RPC, I'd go with
    that. On the other hand, if you find yourself having to explicitly
    manage lots of state, to make up for the lack of objects in an RPC
    system, CORBA is a good choice. It is a full object oriented system
    like pyro, just standardised and cross platform.

    Cheers,

    Duncan.

    --
    -- Duncan Grisby --