communicating with Yahoo server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Steve Klett, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Steve Klett

    Steve Klett Guest

    Hello-

    I know almost nothing about communicating with a web server. With that
    said, I understand that web services are probably not what I'm trying to do,
    but I thought I would make sure by asking this here.

    OK, with that said. What I would like to do is create a desktop client to
    the Yahoo Briefcase. I think I need to be able to;
    1) login
    2) gather HTTP Responses from the server and pull out the folder listings,
    etc. From what I understand... the response will just have the html code in
    it, so I will need to actually parse the results to pull out the relevant
    information (ugly, yes... but I'm up for it)

    The problem is, I don't know how to arrange an HTTP request that will have
    the proper values in it for the login. In other words... how do I send
    username="something" and password="something" to a web server? On top of
    that, it looks like yahoo does some tricky encryption of the data as well.

    If the method was GET, then I could just build a long, ugly url and send
    that(I think), but since it's a POST method, I'm not sure how to assemble an
    HttpWebRequest that will have the proper form names or values... I dunno.

    Hopefully someone will see what I want to do and understand.

    Thanks for any help!
    Steve

    Steve Klett, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Steve Klett

    Steve Klett Guest

    OK, I found a cool article here

    Steve Klett, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Steve Klett

    Steve Klett Guest

    oops. OK, found a cool article:
    http://www.netomatix.com/HttpPostData.aspx

    This is what I was looking for. So, nevermind.

    Steve Klett, Nov 5, 2003