communicating with Yahoo server

Steve Klett

Hello-

I know almost nothing about communicating with a web server. With that
said, I understand that web services are probably not what I'm trying to do,
but I thought I would make sure by asking this here.

OK, with that said. What I would like to do is create a desktop client to
the Yahoo Briefcase. I think I need to be able to;
1) login
2) gather HTTP Responses from the server and pull out the folder listings,
etc. From what I understand... the response will just have the html code in
it, so I will need to actually parse the results to pull out the relevant
information (ugly, yes... but I'm up for it)

The problem is, I don't know how to arrange an HTTP request that will have
the proper values in it for the login. In other words... how do I send
username="something" and password="something" to a web server? On top of
that, it looks like yahoo does some tricky encryption of the data as well.

If the method was GET, then I could just build a long, ugly url and send
that(I think), but since it's a POST method, I'm not sure how to assemble an
HttpWebRequest that will have the proper form names or values... I dunno.

Hopefully someone will see what I want to do and understand.

Thanks for any help!
Steve