Communicating withCOM1 port

lrantisi

How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.
Is there a good link for that please
Thank you

RedGrittyBrick

lrantisi said:
How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.

I was looking into this today.

Sun created the Java Communications API (javax.comm) for this, at one
point they supported a javax.comm implementation for Windows but now
they only support Solaris and Linux (and maybe some other Unix
variants). So if you want to use Sun's javax.comm on Windows you need to
track down an old version of javax.comm Jar and DLL. Unsatisfactory.

You can open COM1: using an ordinary file I/O. Unfortunately you can't
read and write concurrently so this is of limited use.
<http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0062.html>

Doubtless there are commercial products you can buy that provide Java
with the capability to communicate with COM1.
Is there a good link for that please

<http://www.google.com/> :)

ISTR Roedy Green's Java website has some stuff on SerialPorts

Knute Johnson

RedGrittyBrick said:
I was looking into this today.

Sun created the Java Communications API (javax.comm) for this, at one
point they supported a javax.comm implementation for Windows but now
they only support Solaris and Linux (and maybe some other Unix
variants). So if you want to use Sun's javax.comm on Windows you need to
track down an old version of javax.comm Jar and DLL. Unsatisfactory.

You can open COM1: using an ordinary file I/O. Unfortunately you can't
read and write concurrently so this is of limited use.
<http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0062.html>

Doubtless there are commercial products you can buy that provide Java
with the capability to communicate with COM1.

<http://www.google.com/> :)

ISTR Roedy Green's Java website has some stuff on SerialPorts

I do a lot of serial stuff and the Java Comm API is still the only
library that works. With the situation the way it is I am really
tempted to write my own JNI library.