    How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.
    Is there a good link for that please
    Thank you
    lrantisi, Feb 8, 2007

  2. lrantisi wrote:
    > How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.
    > Is there a good link for that please
    > Thank you

    Windows or Linux?

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/
    Knute Johnson, Feb 8, 2007

  3. lrantisi

    Macallen Guest

    Macallen, Feb 8, 2007
  4. lrantisi wrote:
    > How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.

    I was looking into this today.

    Sun created the Java Communications API (javax.comm) for this, at one
    point they supported a javax.comm implementation for Windows but now
    they only support Solaris and Linux (and maybe some other Unix
    variants). So if you want to use Sun's javax.comm on Windows you need to
    track down an old version of javax.comm Jar and DLL. Unsatisfactory.

    You can open COM1: using an ordinary file I/O. Unfortunately you can't
    read and write concurrently so this is of limited use.
    <http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0062.html>

    Doubtless there are commercial products you can buy that provide Java
    with the capability to communicate with COM1.

    > Is there a good link for that please

    <http://www.google.com/> :)

    ISTR Roedy Green's Java website has some stuff on SerialPorts
    RedGrittyBrick, Feb 13, 2007
  5. RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > lrantisi wrote:
    >> How can I communicate with COM1 port using JAVA application.

    > I was looking into this today.
    >
    > Sun created the Java Communications API (javax.comm) for this, at one
    > point they supported a javax.comm implementation for Windows but now
    > they only support Solaris and Linux (and maybe some other Unix
    > variants). So if you want to use Sun's javax.comm on Windows you need to
    > track down an old version of javax.comm Jar and DLL. Unsatisfactory.
    >
    > You can open COM1: using an ordinary file I/O. Unfortunately you can't
    > read and write concurrently so this is of limited use.
    > <http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0062.html>
    >
    > Doubtless there are commercial products you can buy that provide Java
    > with the capability to communicate with COM1.
    >
    >> Is there a good link for that please

    > <http://www.google.com/> :)
    >
    > ISTR Roedy Green's Java website has some stuff on SerialPorts

    I do a lot of serial stuff and the Java Comm API is still the only
    library that works. With the situation the way it is I am really
    tempted to write my own JNI library.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/