Communication between JAVA and python

Jacques Daussy

Hello
How can I transfert information between a JAVA application and a python
script application. I can't use jython because, I must use python
interpreter.I think to socket or semaphore, but can I use it on Windows
plateform ?

thanks a lot

jack

Kent Johnson

Jacques said:
Hello
How can I transfert information between a JAVA application and a python
script application. I can't use jython because, I must use python
interpreter.I think to socket or semaphore, but can I use it on Windows
plateform ?

Jython has an interpreter and Windows has sockets.

Kent

Steve Menard

Jacques said:
Hello
How can I transfert information between a JAVA application and a python
script application. I can't use jython because, I must use python
interpreter.I think to socket or semaphore, but can I use it on Windows
plateform ?

thanks a lot

jack

Well, it all depends on the exact deployment scenario you;re facing.

If you're java program can be embedded dinside hte python scripts, then
JPype (see my sig at the bottom of this post) can certainly help you.

Otherwise ... Is there a java way to "access" you java program from
outside it's process? I mean things like RMI servers, or EJBs. If so,
again JPype can take the place of a "java" client.

If not, there is no magic. You must first find a way to contact you Java
process. If that remote-call technology is "standard", i.e. Something
like SOAP or XML-RPC, then you can find a python technology to access
it. If its not standard, but tehre is a Java way to use it, Again jpype
can be your friend.

If you can tell us more about the nature of each program (Python and
Java) we may be better able to help you.