Communication between Java applications running on different JVMs

Discussion in 'Java' started by laura.paterson@gmail.com, Jan 5, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi.

    I have three java applications that will run on a single machine - one
    is the primary application, the other two need to submit and retrieve
    information from it.

    Currently I have these talking to each other by creating separate
    instances of the main application in each of the two sub-applications,
    then communicating through interfaces.

    I now have a requirement to run the main application in its own
    process, having the other two apps running in separate JVMs.

    Does anyone have any hints on how I could achieve this? I am currently
    looking at CORBA, which we use elsewhere in the app for network comms,
    but I was wondering if there is anything simpler to implement - given
    that all processes will be running on a local machine...

    Thanks,
    Laura

    , Jan 5, 2005

  2. Chris Uppal Guest

    wrote:

    > Currently I have these talking to each other by creating separate
    > instances of the main application in each of the two sub-applications,
    > then communicating through interfaces.
    >
    > I now have a requirement to run the main application in its own
    > process, having the other two apps running in separate JVMs.
    >
    > Does anyone have any hints on how I could achieve this?

    Sounds like a good fit for RMI to me.

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Jan 5, 2005