communication between windows

Bill

In myFirstWindow I have opened a second window this way:

function openWindow(thisURL){
mySecondWindow = window.open(thisURL);
}

I then want to surf within mySecondWindow.
Is there anyway after I have finished surfing that myFirstWindow can know
the final url of mySecondWindow ?

TIA
Bill

Lee

Bill said:
In myFirstWindow I have opened a second window this way:

function openWindow(thisURL){
mySecondWindow = window.open(thisURL);
}

I then want to surf within mySecondWindow.
Is there anyway after I have finished surfing that myFirstWindow can know
the final url of mySecondWindow ?

If you could do that, then the slimy sort of marketing people could
open a new window on top of the existing one with the very reasonable
hope that the visitor wouldn't notice, and would go about their
usual surfing in the new window while they track them from the first.

So no, for security reasons, that's not possible.

Bill

Lee said:
Bill said:

If you could do that, then the slimy sort of marketing people could
open a new window on top of the existing one with the very reasonable
hope that the visitor wouldn't notice, and would go about their
usual surfing in the new window while they track them from the first.

So no, for security reasons, that's not possible.

Well, in that case, I shall be happy I cannot do it :)
Thanks