comp.lang.c++.moderated and comp.std.c++ dead?

Jim Langston

Does anyone know what happned to the moderator of comp.lang.c++.moderated
and/or comp.std.c++ ? Both of them have not had messages for a while, and
I"m suspecting the same moderator moderates both of them.

Last message I see on comp.lang.c++.moderated is 12/6/2007 (Dec. 6th) and
for comp.std.c++ is 1/6/2008 (January 6th).

I'm trying to determine what happened to the moderator(s) of these
newsgroups so we can figure out what to do about them.

Ian Collins

Jim said:
Does anyone know what happned to the moderator of comp.lang.c++.moderated
and/or comp.std.c++ ? Both of them have not had messages for a while, and
I"m suspecting the same moderator moderates both of them.

Last message I see on comp.lang.c++.moderated is 12/6/2007 (Dec. 6th) and
for comp.std.c++ is 1/6/2008 (January 6th).
Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and the
last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I assume the
mods are in bed!

Jim Langston

Ian said:
Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and
the last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I
assume the mods are in bed!

You are telling me you are seeing messages in those newsgroups? Strange.
Maybe it's something on my end. So very weird. I haven't seen any messages
in the newsgroups since December and January.

Ian Collins

Jim said:
You are telling me you are seeing messages in those newsgroups? Strange.
Maybe it's something on my end. So very weird. I haven't seen any messages
in the newsgroups since December and January.
Check Alf's reply, comp.std.c++ is dead, but comp.lang.c++.moderated is
still going strong.

Jim Langston

Ian Collins said:
Check Alf's reply, comp.std.c++ is dead, but comp.lang.c++.moderated is
still going strong.

Ahh, okay, I unsubscribed to comp.lang.c++.moderated and resubscribed and
now see the messages I was missing before. So it's just comp.std.c++ that's
not working. Thanks. I have an e-mail off to the moderators of
comp.std.c++ to try to figure out what's going on. I miss it.