    newsgroups so we can figure out what to do about them.

    --
    Jim Langston
    Jim Langston, May 3, 2008

  2. Jim Langston

    Ian Collins Guest

    Jim Langston wrote:
    > Does anyone know what happned to the moderator of comp.lang.c++.moderated
    > and/or comp.std.c++ ? Both of them have not had messages for a while, and
    > I"m suspecting the same moderator moderates both of them.
    >
    > Last message I see on comp.lang.c++.moderated is 12/6/2007 (Dec. 6th) and
    > for comp.std.c++ is 1/6/2008 (January 6th).

    Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and the
    last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I assume the
    mods are in bed!

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, May 3, 2008

  3. Jim Langston

    Jim Langston Guest

    Ian Collins wrote:
    > Jim Langston wrote:
    >> Does anyone know what happned to the moderator of
    >> comp.lang.c++.moderated and/or comp.std.c++ ? Both of them have not
    >> had messages for a while, and I"m suspecting the same moderator
    >> moderates both of them.
    >>
    >> Last message I see on comp.lang.c++.moderated is 12/6/2007 (Dec.
    >> 6th) and for comp.std.c++ is 1/6/2008 (January 6th).
    >>

    > Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and
    > the last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I
    > assume the mods are in bed!

    You are telling me you are seeing messages in those newsgroups? Strange.
    Maybe it's something on my end. So very weird. I haven't seen any messages
    in the newsgroups since December and January.

    --
    Jim Langston
    Jim Langston, May 3, 2008
  4. Jim Langston

    Ian Collins Guest

    Jim Langston wrote:
    > Ian Collins wrote:
    >> Jim Langston wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know what happned to the moderator of
    >>> comp.lang.c++.moderated and/or comp.std.c++ ? Both of them have not
    >>> had messages for a while, and I"m suspecting the same moderator
    >>> moderates both of them.
    >>>
    >>> Last message I see on comp.lang.c++.moderated is 12/6/2007 (Dec.
    >>> 6th) and for comp.std.c++ is 1/6/2008 (January 6th).
    >>>

    >> Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and
    >> the last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I
    >> assume the mods are in bed!

    > You are telling me you are seeing messages in those newsgroups? Strange.
    > Maybe it's something on my end. So very weird. I haven't seen any messages
    > in the newsgroups since December and January.

    Check Alf's reply, comp.std.c++ is dead, but comp.lang.c++.moderated is
    still going strong.

    --
    Ian Collins.
    Ian Collins, May 3, 2008
  5. Jim Langston

    Jim Langston Guest

    "Ian Collins" <> wrote in message
    > Jim Langston wrote:
    >> Ian Collins wrote:

    >>> Alf answered for comp.std.c++ (see thread "C++0x: atomic_load") and
    >>> the last posting on comp.lang.c++.moderated was 14 hours ago. I
    >>> assume the mods are in bed!

    >> You are telling me you are seeing messages in those newsgroups? Strange.
    >> Maybe it's something on my end. So very weird. I haven't seen any
    >> messages
    >> in the newsgroups since December and January.
    >>

    > Check Alf's reply, comp.std.c++ is dead, but comp.lang.c++.moderated is
    > still going strong.

    Ahh, okay, I unsubscribed to comp.lang.c++.moderated and resubscribed and
    now see the messages I was missing before. So it's just comp.std.c++ that's
    not working. Thanks. I have an e-mail off to the moderators of
    comp.std.c++ to try to figure out what's going on. I miss it.

    --
    Jim Langston
    Jim Langston, May 3, 2008