    another template and I used the same thing which works.Here is the
    code: <script type="text/javascript"
    language="JavaScript1.2~JavaScript1.2" src="wl.js"></script></td>

    Victory, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Template script does not work (was: comp.lang.javascript)

    Victory wrote:

    > Subject: comp.lang.javascript

    Looks like as if you have mixed up the headers.

    Why don't you use <http://www.antssoft.com/contact.htm> then?

    > Here is the
    > code: <script type="text/javascript"
    > language="JavaScript1.2~JavaScript1.2" src="wl.js"></script></td>

    The `language' attribute is deprecated in HTML 4 and newer, and it also does
    not make any sense here. Remove it, and validate your markup:
    http://validator.w3.org/

    Since this is supposedly client-side J(ava)Script, your server does not
    matter. The reason for it not working "on your computer" (could you not
    be a little bit more vague?) is *maybe* be that the HTML user agent that
    runs on top of the operating system that runs on your computer interprets
    the `language' attribute and does not know what to do with this nonsensical
    a value.

    However, there could be any other reason as well.

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/faq_notes/clj_posts.html#ps1DontWork

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Victory

    VK Guest

    On Jan 14, 5:47 pm, Victory <> wrote:
    > I am using Ultamenu fromhttp://www.antssoft.com/index.htm?ref=download
    > but it doesn't seem to work on my server or computer. It creates
    > a .js file and I used the template, but it doesn't work on it. I have
    > another template and I used the same thing which works.Here is the
    > code: <script type="text/javascript"
    > language="JavaScript1.2~JavaScript1.2" src="wl.js"></script></td>

    Without having a link on both working and non-working pages it is hard
    to say anything. Can you make them?
    You may also contact antssoft.com with both pages and ask for their
    help (after all it is their generator).

    VK, Jan 14, 2008
  4. Victory

    SAM Guest

    Victory a écrit :
    > I am using Ultamenu from http://www.antssoft.com/index.htm?ref=download
    > but it doesn't seem to work on my server or computer. It creates
    > a .js file and I used the template, but it doesn't work on it. I have
    > another template and I used the same thing which works.Here is the
    > code: <script type="text/javascript"
    > language="JavaScript1.2~JavaScript1.2" src="wl.js"></script></td>

    <script type="text/javascript" src="wl.js"></script>

    and probably better in the HEAD

    Have you the javascript file 'wl.js' uploaded on your site
    (in same folder as your(s) html file(s) )

    --
    sm

    SAM, Jan 14, 2008
  5. Victory

    Victory Guest

    Yes, the wl.js is uploaded. I am going to get to all of your comments
    tomorrow, thanks - I just wanted to give you the heads up!

    Victory, Jan 14, 2008
  6. Re: Template script does not work

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

    > and validate your markup: http://validator.w3.org/

    As you're editing files on your computer you may find HTMLtidy is more
    convenient. Its a configurable command line validator program for
    Windows, Linux and Mac. The better graphical text editors should be able
    to run it as an add-in.

    You can get HTMLtidy executables from http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

    It was originally written by Dave Raggett at W3C and subsequently moved
    to SourceForge, where you can also find Java, Perl, Python and Windows
    GUI versions.

    --
    martin@ | Martin Gregorie
    gregorie. | Essex, UK

    Martin Gregorie, Jan 15, 2008
  7. Re: Template script does not work

    Martin Gregorie wrote:
    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:
    >> and validate your markup: http://validator.w3.org/

    > As you're editing files on your computer you may find HTMLtidy is more
    > convenient. [...]

    CAVEAT: HTML Tidy is _not_ a markup validator. It can be used as a good
    supplement (for example to add integrity and accessibility to your markup;
    I use EclipseTidy[1]), but it can never substitute proper validation against
    a DTD or XML schema.

    [1] http://eclipsetidy.sourceforge.net/

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jan 15, 2008
  8. Re: Template script does not work

    In comp.lang.javascript message <>,
    Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:45:44, Martin Gregorie <>
    posted:

    >As you're editing files on your computer you may find HTMLtidy is more
    >convenient. Its a configurable command line validator program for
    >Windows, Linux and Mac.

    Agreed. After any spell of editing, and before any upload, I run a
    batch file of my own devising. It processes all *.htm files datestamped
    since it was last run, and runs TIDY (as a checker; I don't want my
    layout changed) and certain other tests, including CHEKLINX to check
    links to other files in the master set.

    Largely it finds typos, but it also catches mis-codings.

    --
    (c) John Stockton, Surrey, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk DOS 3.3, 6.20; WinXP.
    Web <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.

    Dr J R Stockton, Jan 15, 2008