Compare Java DBMS - Cloudscap/Derby, hSQLDB, others

Chris

We need to pick an all-Java DBMS for an embedding in an app. Can anyone
compare the leading options?

Here are the ones I've heard of:

Cloudscape/Derby
Quadcap QED
hSQLDB
Daffodil

Lee Fesperman

Chris said:
We need to pick an all-Java DBMS for an embedding in an app. Can anyone
compare the leading options?

Here are the ones I've heard of:

Cloudscape/Derby
Quadcap QED
hSQLDB
Daffodil

Add FirstSQL/J to your list. See my sig.

IchBin

Roedy said:

Roedy,

You should add the new commercial version of HSQLDB called HXSQL
http://www.hxsql.com/ to your database list.

The only reason I mention it is because it is so much faster than HSQLDB
but with no external changes, for the programmer, from HSQLDB. Naturally
it is not open source but it's still 100 percent Java.

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)