    Quadcap QED
    hSQLDB
    Daffodil

    Chris, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Chris wrote:

    > We need to pick an all-Java DBMS for an embedding in an app. Can anyone
    > compare the leading options?
    >
    > Here are the ones I've heard of:
    >
    > Cloudscape/Derby
    > Quadcap QED
    > hSQLDB
    > Daffodil

    Add FirstSQL/J to your list. See my sig.

    --
    Lee Fesperman, FFE Software, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
    * The Ultimate DBMS is here!

    Lee Fesperman, Jul 7, 2005

  3. Chris

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:59:00 -0500, "Chris" <anon> wrote or quoted :

    >Here are the ones I've heard of:
    >
    >Cloudscape/Derby
    >Quadcap QED
    >hSQLDB
    >Daffodil

    See a list of many more at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jul 7, 2005
  4. Chris

    IchBin Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 16:59:00 -0500, "Chris" <anon> wrote or quoted :
    >
    >> Here are the ones I've heard of:
    >>
    >> Cloudscape/Derby
    >> Quadcap QED
    >> hSQLDB
    >> Daffodil

    > See a list of many more at http://mindprod.com/jgloss/sql.html

    Roedy,

    You should add the new commercial version of HSQLDB called HXSQL
    http://www.hxsql.com/ to your database list.

    The only reason I mention it is because it is so much faster than HSQLDB
    but with no external changes, for the programmer, from HSQLDB. Naturally
    it is not open source but it's still 100 percent Java.

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    ' If there is one, Knowledge is the "Fountain of Youth"'
    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Jul 7, 2005