    the validator fires off "both email addresses must match

    this is weird.

    what can be done

    Mr. SweatyFinger, Mar 7, 2007

  2. Don't use the client-side validation. The client-side validation will fire
    whenever the focus is changed off one of the text boxes. There isn't any way
    to alter this behavior as the script doesn't know which is the first time
    you've given focus to a control and which isn't. If you set the client-side
    validation to false it will use the server-side validation instead, which
    will only check for validity when the page is in postback instead of as the
    user tabs around the form.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Mar 7, 2007

  3. yet if i use server-side validation only, and if my page has a file upload
    or two, then that file upload stuff will be lost if the page is submitted,
    and this stuff doesn;t validate, right?

    the stuff will have to be re uploaded.
    right?

    Mr. SweatyFinger, Mar 7, 2007